• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Racor and fule filter on 6LPA

mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Racor and fule filter on 6LPA

Post by mjohnh »

Do most people change their own Racor and fuel filters on the Yanmar? I have not done it and found a video on YouTube on the Racor, but no information on any other filter. Any guidance from the more experienced that you can offer would be appreciated....e.g. what micron size do you use on the Racor?
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Racor and fule filter on 6LPA

Post by Tree »

I change mine. Really simple job. You just unscrew and remove the filter. Just make sure you turn off the fuel flow before you undo anything.

Changing the fuel filter is a little bit different. You’ll first need to bleed the fuel out by undoing the wing nut underneath, then remove the float valve before unscrewing the filter. Refit in reverse but slacken the banjo bolt off. Turn your fuel back on by the valve near the racor filter and then using the primer on top of the engine filter - pump fresh fuel through to fill the filter back up. You’ll know when it’s full as it will start to leak out of the undone banjo bolt on the side. When it does, tighten the banjo bolt and wash your hands. Engine should crank easily enough but might fart a little bit with any trapped air.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Post by mjohnh »

Thank you, Tree....Not sure how far Bordon, UK is from Saugatuck, Mi...but if you are ever in the neighborhood there is a pint waiting for you, mate.....
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Only about 4000 miles hahaha.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”