• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28TE - Panels above quarter berth

Bluewater
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Burnt Store Marina, Punta Gorda, FL

28TE - Panels above quarter berth

Post by Bluewater »

Seeking advice/guidance from those who have done it. I want to temporarily take down all or some of the fabric panels over the entrance to the quarter berth - want to: 1. See what’s in there; 2; check the wiring and get the chart light working; and 3. See if there are any sensible options for using the space.
But I suspect that, although taking them down may be relatively easy, I really do want to get them back up in good shape and tight fit.
Any advice / suggestions, please?
David
Albin 28TE 2000
Yanmar 6LP-STE

Ex Albin 28TE 1994 Peninsular 300
Ex Albin 43 (Lehman) and many sailboats
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: 28TE - Panels above quarter berth

Post by Pitou »

The panels should come down easily and you'll find a lot of empty space just itching to be utilized. I had mine down in my 28TE and it was a no sweat, no big deal. The vinyl fabric button covers pop right off and are covering screws that will need to be removed. As far as having access to the wiring for your chart light, you'll find that behind the AC & DC panels and not form the quarter berth panel removals.

The storage that I mentioned has found owners adding tubes for fishing rods to adding slide out storage drawers. I have a picture that I grabbed off of YachtWorld quite a time back that will give you one idea .. though at an NE Rendezvous one year one member showed off his drawer work which was steller and looked OEM .. he was a cabinet maker by trade.

Quarter Berth Drawer.jpg
Quarter Berth Drawer Closed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

Yeah, panels comes off easily enough, installing them however...
Some of the screws are different length, pay attention to each screw.
You may need help getting the panels back up, somebody holding them in place while you screw. (I used my head and feet to have free hands)
Had the panels off twice for various projects, hoping I don’t need them off again anytime soon.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Bluewater
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Burnt Store Marina, Punta Gorda, FL

Post by Bluewater »

Thanks Guys
David
Albin 28TE 2000
Yanmar 6LP-STE

Ex Albin 28TE 1994 Peninsular 300
Ex Albin 43 (Lehman) and many sailboats