• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Where to mount spot lights

Bob051475
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Ma

Where to mount spot lights

Post by Bob051475 »

Hi I have a 1993 28TE and use it mostly for fishing
It’s night a lot of the times we come back in and I only have a remote control spotlight that is mounted on the roof close to the front
When you turn it on it blinds you from the shine off the front rails
I was thinking of mounting a Durabrite mini on the pulpit rail or building a tower on the roof not sure which would be better
So seeing if anyone had any ideas of has done something that works good
Thanks
Bobby
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Re: Where to mount spot lights

Post by MadMoney »

Bobby -

For the oh dark thirty departures, I installed some forward facing Rigid LED's under the anchor pulpit and on each side as well. The outside lights are spot lights and the light bar is a flood light. The LED's don't turn nighttime into daytime but anything they hit (debris, crab pot floats etc) light up quite nice. I specifically chose to mount the lights under the anchor pulpit to avoid the reflection on the bow rails. Hope this helps.

Anthony Warren
1999 28' Albin MadMoney
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Plastikosmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rhode Island

Post by Plastikosmd »

Beautiful boat
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Post by MadMoney »

Plastikosmd wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:54 pm Beautiful boat
Thank you!!!

Anthony Warren
1999 28' Albin MadMoney
Nancy's Promise
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Keyport NJ

Post by Nancy's Promise »

Nice blue color
Tunateaser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Babylon, NY

Post by Tunateaser »

I had the same problem with the glare. I thought of putting some kind of visor on the bottom of the spot light. But I wound up moving the light aft on the hard top. It is now almost to the windows but it is far enough back that the hard top blocks the downward light and ended the glare problem
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Express
Hull#223
Twin 315 Yanmar 6lpa-stp
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

My spotlight is mounted atop of a mast that has my radar dome and all antennas on it. This gets it high enough that there is no glare from the deck, pulpit or rail.

Here is a picture of Joint Venture at a New England Rendevous. She has a forward strut post with an all around light mounted to its rear. This option provides the necessary elevation to alleviate glare. Seaview has custom options available.

DSC_0162.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”