• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 28 TE Hull Construction Tech Question

GulfTango
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Sarah Ann Bayou, Florida

Albin 28 TE Hull Construction Tech Question

Post by GulfTango »

I am new to this forum because I am considering purchasing a 2000 ish A28 TE Engine Box. I interviewed three of these boats recently and checked some of the limber holes in the main stringers and they seemed to feel like foam (or similar). Does any one know what materials were used in these stringers? I was surprised that they weren't glassed in. Has anyone had any problems with termites on these boats?
Thanks
GulfTango
Acadia 25 w/ Yan 4JH2-UTE
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Re: Albin 28 TE Hull Construction Tech Question

Post by Sisu22 »

Hi Gulf Tango, My 1994 definitely has wood stringers and balsa coring. Some of the stringers are exposed in the limber holes (not completely glassed in).

I believe at some point near the turn of the century, Albin started to go with foam coring in the hull, but not sure what they did with the stringers. Did you drill holes? How did you get the 'feel' of foam?
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”