• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Parts Question?????

oldsalt22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: long island

Parts Question?????

Post by oldsalt22 »

HI all the insets on both sides of the cock that has the grommets and the toe rails in them. Mine have cracks at the screws and one cracked where the toe rail is set. Does anyone have any idea where i might be able to get replacements??/ Many thanks in advance.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: Parts Question?????

Post by Norseman »

Picture...?
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

You can remove it and make repairs from the back side using fiberglass cloth and resin. Then paint it to match. When I did mine I strengthened the areas that were weak and it came out great. Working on the 3rd season after repair and still no new cracks. Going to pull the other side when it warms up this spring.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

What year? What material? Circa 2001 Albin switched from molded fiberglass inserts with recessed toe rails to plastic gunnel inserts with surface mounted toe rails.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Post by Jkraft »

Mine are plastic and I searched high and low for a replacement and struck out. Mine were also yellowed and cracked up. Mine are at my local body shop now getting fixed, beefed up, and sprayed to match the gelcoat. They were pretty bad. They are doing both for about $500. My boat is an 02
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”