• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Injector Service

tdsull
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Marblehead, MA

Injector Service

Post by tdsull »

I have been putting this off for a while but now the day has come. While coming back into port a few weeks back I noticed fuel in the exhaust and a sheen on the water.
Had the injectors pulled and saw #3 and #4 looked a bit foul. Waiting to hear back from the mechanic on his take. The rest of the head looked good.
I took the time to repaint the valve cover.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Tim
Louise ll
28 TE 2000 (6LP-STE)
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Re: Injector Service

Post by Jkraft »

I’m doing the same thing this winter. In fact I think my mechanic is on board today. Let me know how you make out. I’m only at 650 hours but 18 years old
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
tdsull
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tdsull »

I will. I am 20 years and 1350 hrs.
Tim
Louise ll
28 TE 2000 (6LP-STE)
tdsull
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tdsull »

Injectors went back in last week and the engine sounds unbelievable. While the injectors were being rebuilt I pulled the inter cooler, added a new turbo filter and a filter for the breather tube, new throttle handle and Mach zero cables. Today we did some social distancing in the bay. I do still have a small sheen of fuel in the exhaust at idle, not quite sure what to make of that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Tim
Louise ll
28 TE 2000 (6LP-STE)
tdsull
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tdsull »

Jkraft,not sure it you have done anything with your tranny cooler but mine ended up being a player in sheen on the water. The transmission fluid was leaking into the exhaust, I believe I caught it in time. I bought a new cooler from Mr. Cool and had new lines made locally. I flushed the fluid a few times and installed a new filter. Running like a champ now.
Tim
Louise ll
28 TE 2000 (6LP-STE)
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Post by MadMoney »

tdsull wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:16 pm Injectors went back in last week and the engine sounds unbelievable. While the injectors were being rebuilt I pulled the inter cooler, added a new turbo filter and a filter for the breather tube, new throttle handle and Mach zero cables. Today we did some social distancing in the bay. I do still have a small sheen of fuel in the exhaust at idle, not quite sure what to make of that.
Love the red lettering... it really jumps out!

Anthony Warren
1999 28' Albin MadMoney
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jkraft »

That’s actually the only thing I have not looked at yet. Unfortunately my marina is locked down now and I can’t get to the boat or I would.
tdsull wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:17 pm Jkraft,not sure it you have done anything with your tranny cooler but mine ended up being a player in sheen on the water. The transmission fluid was leaking into the exhaust, I believe I caught it in time. I bought a new cooler from Mr. Cool and had new lines made locally. I flushed the fluid a few times and installed a new filter. Running like a champ now.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jkraft »

tdsull wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:17 pm Jkraft,not sure it you have done anything with your tranny cooler but mine ended up being a player in sheen on the water. The transmission fluid was leaking into the exhaust, I believe I caught it in time. I bought a new cooler from Mr. Cool and had new lines made locally. I flushed the fluid a few times and installed a new filter. Running like a champ now.
TDsull, I’ve got the yanmar 6lp with the ZF 630V1. Mr cool site says it replaces the cooler for the ZF63. Do you know if the zf 630v1 and the ZF63 is the same transmission? Unfortunately my boat is on lock down in the marina and I can’t get to it to compare.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
Jmk2000
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Beaufort, NC

Post by Jmk2000 »

I love that red lettering too. The Albin 28 TE is my dream boat. I’m living vicariously through you, maybe some day. Love my current boat though to. It’s a 21 Hydra-Sports 212 walk around.
tdsull
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tdsull »

Jkraft, it’s a match I have a HSW630 V1 transmission. The oil connections are 3/8” and the distance between is 7”, just like the original. The new one isn’t as heavy duty but I am comfortable with it. The hose ends are 1 1/2” without the bulbed end so the hose slip on easier. It installed nice and easy.
Tim
Louise ll
28 TE 2000 (6LP-STE)
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by REBMystic »

tdsull wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:16 pm Injectors went back in last week and the engine sounds unbelievable. While the injectors were being rebuilt I pulled the inter cooler, added a new turbo filter and a filter for the breather tube, new throttle handle and Mach zero cables. Today we did some social distancing in the bay. I do still have a small sheen of fuel in the exhaust at idle, not quite sure what to make of that.
Hi Tim (or others). I am looking to do injectors services on my 2001 6LP-STE (s). I would like to remove them myself, but send out the injectors for proper servicing / replacement. How difficult is injector removal / replacement? Special tools needed? I am reasonably handy, but have not done this job before. Thanks for any insight!!

Rob
2001 31 TE
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”