• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28TE with Perkins 300Ti

dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Baldwin, NY

28TE with Perkins 300Ti

Post by dgetswet »

Has anyone had an issued with the off button for the engine? Last fall before putting her up I pressed the off button and got nothing. I took the switch apart cleaned it still had to put the plunger to shut it off. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: 28TE with Perkins 300Ti

Post by WillieC »

Is this a solenoid controlled operation? The switch likely only controls the solenoid that yanks the chain that kills the engine. Just guessing.
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

I had similar issue with a Yanmar 6LP. Stop button did not stop the engine, fortunately for me, the key did. I assumed it was a bad solenoid but I found that the wire harness port side above the bell housing had somehow come apart. Reconnected and all was good.
Good luck,
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate

Post by dgetswet »

Thanks guys. I was thinking the solenoid myself but figured I would ask. The weather is starting to change and hopefully it will get dry and warm enough to start with the spring projects to her in in the water early.
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck
dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate

Post by dgetswet »

So I finally had a little help working this solenoid. It appears some how the linkage is out of sync. When I hold the solenoid in half way and have someone hit the button she sucks it in with no problem. The linkage is well more that an inch it needs to shut off. I took the whole linkage apart and will be buying new and putting it back together. Hopefully this fixes that issue.
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”