• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Back Curtains

Wfmdfm
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wareham ma

Back Curtains

Post by Wfmdfm »

Has anyone had new rear curtains made for the pilot house? just wondering what I am in for $$ I have the old ones that came with the boat but need to figure out if I repair or replace. More than anything the 10mm zippers are shot but in whole they are looking aged.
2000 28 TE Yanmar 300 6LP-STE
Maye Marie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic River Marina Mystic Ct. Slipped

Re: Back Curtains

Post by Maye Marie »

Mine needed repair or replacement. Thread around the glazing is shot. I have had the zippers redone a while back. Decided to make my own. Most every thing is cut out and ready to sew together. One curtain is almost done. Not sure how much to get them made. material is around $500.
Terry & Karen Ober
28 TE
Maye Marie
Mystic Ct.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

. Has anyone had new rear curtains made for the pilot house? just wondering what I am in for $$ I have the old ones that came with the boat but need to figure out if I repair or replace. More than anything the 10mm zippers are shot but in whole they are looking aged.
Always good to include what boat you are talking about, and include pictures, easy nowadays with iPhones and such.

I have an A-28TE, 2001 year model, bought used and it came with “curtains”, canvas and isinglass. Removed it as we live in Florida and need more ventilation than curtains.
Could post pics from original survey if interested.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Wfmdfm
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wareham ma

Post by Wfmdfm »

Norseman did you have yours repaired or did you replace them? I have a 2000 28 TE. I can post some pics but I guess my question was more around the cost to replace. See what I can post tomorrow but I think they all look about the same. Thank You
2000 28 TE Yanmar 300 6LP-STE
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Post by Jkraft »

I had new glass and zippers but in mine. Looks great.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

Wfmdfm wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:17 pm Norseman did you have yours repaired or did you replace them? I have a 2000 28 TE. I can post some pics but I guess my question was more around the cost to replace. See what I can post tomorrow but I think they all look about the same. Thank You
No, neither repaired or replaced. They are in good shape. Removed them after I brought the boat home and now stored somewhere in the house. They were probably a dealer option.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”