• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Waste Y valve

ESpiegel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seabeck, WA

Waste Y valve

Post by ESpiegel »

For everyone with a 31TE, where is the location of your Y valve? Mine is inside the rod storage access on the stbd deck, just above the step. This results in long sewage line runs, and takes up the storage access.
I would rather put it below the deck, outboard of the waste tank.

TIA,
Eric
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Re: Waste Y valve

Post by irishwake »

There are 2 on the starboard stern just below the waste holding tank. It is accessible by the center stern hatch.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

No Y-Valve on my 2006 factory Vacuflush system. Direct from head to the 27 gallon tank only. Discharge options are then overboard or pumpout.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
ESpiegel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seabeck, WA

Post by ESpiegel »

Pitou wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:54 am No Y-Valve on my 2006 factory Vacuflush system. Direct from head to the 27 gallon tank only. Discharge options are then overboard or pumpout.
I have the vacuflush also. The outlet of the waste tank goes to the y valve, then can be directed to the macerator ovbd, or to the topside pump out.
How is yours plumbed? 2 tank outlets?
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Grady265 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:16 pm
Pitou wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:54 am No Y-Valve on my 2006 factory Vacuflush system. Direct from head to the 27 gallon tank only. Discharge options are then overboard or pumpout.
I have the vacuflush also. The outlet of the waste tank goes to the Y valve, then can be directed to the macerator ovbd, or to the topside pump out.
How is yours plumbed? 2 tank outlets?
Your setup sounds like one of the ways that a Vacuflush system can be plumbed and it's working with all waste going to the tank first.

Yes, I am plumbed with 2 - tank outlets. There are 2 - separate diptubes plumbed from the top plus a vacuum relief valve for when utilizing pumpout. One diptube hose connection goes to the waste discharge pump (Model TW 12) then to a vented loop passing back down to the overboard seacock. The other diptube hose connection goes directly up to the deck fitting for pumpout. I got pretty intimate with the vacuflush system from dead to discharge replacing every hose, rebuilding the vacuum generator and replacing the discharge pump last spring.

My model is called the "28 Gallon Holding tank Sysyem" .. tank capacity is actually 27.5. This model has the vacuum generator and the waste discharge pump mounted directly on to the tank.

There are different configutations with remote generators and or remote waste discharge pumps.

There are 3 - model setups of Vacuflush setup coming in various tangages: build one is complete with vacuum generator and waste discharge pump built on to the tank along with the 2nd diptube plumbed, second model has the vacuum generator built on to the tank and the third is fittings only for remote mounting of vacuum generator and waste discharge pump. The second and third leave it to installer discretion on how the waste gets evacuated.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”