• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Swim ladder options

tconnelly254
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: New York Harbor

Swim ladder options

Post by tconnelly254 »

Hi all,

I am in process of outfitting and modifying my new-to-me Albin 35 TE Flybridge. One of the things that needs replacement is the swim ladder.

Thinking about having a ladder that mounts underneath might be nice, to avoid a trip hazard. However, the guys at the boatyard seem to think that it will be submerged while underway, and might cause a roostertail and possibly cause unnecessary drag.

Anybody have any opinions or feedback on this? The swim platform is about 3-4" above waterline, for reference.
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Re: Swim ladder options

Post by furball »

I have / had ladders on both a 28 and now a 31.
Both were mounted under the swim platform. The 31 platform is definitely higher above the water than the 28 was. Neither hit the water while running and certainly no rooster tail, except the couple times I forgot to stow it before heading out. Then it’s very noticeable, and they are pretty tough ladders 😂.
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
Plastikosmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rhode Island

Re: Swim ladder options