• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Spring cleanup

Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Spring cleanup

Post by Jkraft »

Hi all! I posted this on the Facebook site but figured I would here also. The hull on my 28 is the original navy gelcoat and was badly oxidized. I used a wool pad on a variable speed buffer and seapower one step cleaner wax. I worked my way around and did each area about 3 times. Here are the results.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Spring cleanup

Post by Tree »

Saw your pictures on Instagram. She’s looking good. At this rate, it’ll be June before we are out of lockdown and I’ll be able to work on mine.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jkraft »

Tree wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:51 am Saw your pictures on Instagram. She’s looking good. At this rate, it’ll be June before we are out of lockdown and I’ll be able to work on mine.
Thanks man! Yeah I probably shouldn’t be down there working on it but it is great social distancing.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Post by MadMoney »

That came back to life nicely.... great work! I hope the shine lasts because I know that was hard work.

Anthony Warren
1999 28' Albin MadMoney
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

MadMoney wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:50 am That came back to life nicely.... great work! I hope the shine lasts because I know that was hard work.

Anthony Warren
1999 28' Albin MadMoney

Come on, you know the detailers famous saying as they take your money - "Guaranteed Not To Last" :evil:

She does look great, nicely done. When I had the blue hull I would rather do that every spring knowing that the gelcoat could always be reworked rather than getting her painted and always be worrying about scuffs and scratches.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Really came out beautiful! Report back here how it looks come July. Very interested in how she holds up. Have tried lots of products but not that one. Thanks for posting!

Carl
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jkraft »

Carl wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:22 pm Really came out beautiful! Report back here how it looks come July. Very interested in how she holds up. Have tried lots of products but not that one. Thanks for posting!

Carl
Will do! I already am scheduled for a short hull in August to hit it again. Previous owner told me it needs it twice a year. I’ll post some pics before I do it next time
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
Larry cessna
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rock Hall MD

Post by Larry cessna »

Looks great. My boat is in Rock Hall and I am stuck in Wilmington. feel free to do mine too. LOL
MerryKate
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mason Neck, VA

Post by MerryKate »

Sweet HOTD! Wonder about your technique: Did you stop and clean your pad often? Slow speed? What amazing results.
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jkraft »

Larry cessna wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:33 pm Looks great. My boat is in Rock Hall and I am stuck in Wilmington. feel free to do mine too. LOL
Will do my best! Lol
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jkraft »

MerryKate wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:01 pm Sweet HOTD! Wonder about your technique: Did you stop and clean your pad often? Slow speed? What amazing results.
Thanks! I didn’t stop and clean it much. I taped off the vinyl stripe and the water line and I would do about 4 or 5 feet at a time. I went over each section 3 times going back and forth using the buffer to both apply and remove the cleaner wax. I kept it on setting 5 which is about half speed. I was very impressed myself.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”