• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Galley Faucet

MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

New Galley Faucet

Post by MadMoney »

Well we finally got this project completed...

The old faucet worked fine but I hated the separate throttles for hot and cold water. If you tried to quickly wash/rinse your hands with hot water while the boat is under way, the water was so hot from being heated by the engine. This required you to turn both handles with dirty hands... stupid.
old faucet.jpg
After multiple trips to Fisheries Supply (awesome company with a massive inventory and fast shipping), I chose the Scandvik 14410. The new one has the mixer throttle so the scalding water issue is solved. It also has an extendable shower handle for rinsing bigger items like a plate or cutting board. A good friend of mine is a wood worker and fabricated the plate to cover the existing holes. This faucet also allows easier access for the storage area behind the faucet; I have a plastic tray that fits in there nicely. I use it to hold keys, change etc
new faucet 2.jpg
Anthony Warren
1999 28’ Albin MadMoney
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: New Galley Faucet

Post by Norseman »

Small world:
Installed the same model today, but not hooked up to the water lines yet, waiting for Scandvik to send the connectors.
Did not use a plate, just enlarged the existing hole and have a small opening in the back.
May cover it with goo if water is a problem back there.
65755DF8-F284-4E3C-8460-AF5A9B3005F5.jpeg
49FF1686-1D86-4ACE-B5AE-FEE79563DAE2.jpeg
634DFCA3-974B-4DD0-B6C5-C637B45EBCBF.jpeg
22A2AF11-091B-4C90-89BF-E115F93471E5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”