• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Stainless Anchor

Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Stainless Anchor

Post by Jkraft »

Since I’m saving money on fuel not being able to use the boat i decided to splurge for some bow jewelry. This was $280 from marine now and can be found on amazon. If I lose it or damage it so be It but if anyone is looking for one I found it to be nice quality at a good price
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Stainless Anchor

Post by Tree »

Give it one trip on the anchor before it looses its mirror polish 🤣🤣
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jkraft »

Tree wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:31 pm Give it one trip on the anchor before it looses its mirror polish 🤣🤣
That’s fine, whoever is with me will be up on the bow with some bronze wool and fitz the whole way home :lol:
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

Seems cheap for a SS anchor.
Possible chrome over a regular steel/galvanized anchor.
Is it a real Delta or a copy?
Look under the foot, the real Delta a has a lump of lead with the weight engraved under.
In general the Delta plows are good, I cruised for 10 years with a 55 lbs Delta on a 33 foot sailboat. ( Way overkill, but I slept good at night when squalls popped up at 02:00 hrs and the other boats dragged like Express Trains going backwards)
Later I replaced the 55 Delta with the next generation anchor, a 44 lbs Rocna. (20 kgs)
The new anchor set faster and held better than the bigger Delta.
On the Albin 28TE I am using a Rocna 33 lbs (15 kgs) also overkill, but I sleep really good when we anchor at night, even with lighting and thunder in the horizon.
The 22 lbs Delta on your boat is probably excellent for a lunch hook, but
I would sleep with one eye open.. :shock:
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jkraft »

Norseman wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:43 pm Seems cheap for a SS anchor.
Look under the foot, the real Delta a has a lump of lead with the weight engraved under.
In general the Delta plows are good, I cruised for 10 years with a 55 lbs Delta on a 33 foot sailboat. ( Way overkill, but I slept good at night when squalls popped up at 02:00 hrs and the other boats dragged like Express Trains going backwards)
Later I replaced the 55 Delta with the next generation anchor, a 44 lbs Rocna. (20 kgs)
On the Albin 28TE I am using a Rocna 33 lbs (15 kgs) also overkill, but I sleep really good when we anchor at night, even with lighting and thunder in the horizon.
I said the same thing, here is the write up on the manufacture website. "This Delta anchor is constructed of high-grade stainless steel for maximum tensile strength. It has a lead-ballasted tip, giving it a low center of gravity geometry, making it self-righting ensuring that it will set and reset properly." I can tell you I tested it with a magnet and it would not stick to it.

This replaced my old galvanized delta and I had that anchor hold in some NASTY conditions on the bay last fall. I reluctantly left the boat out there under anchor and it was there when I came back but it was on my mind the whole time.

Here is where it came from https://www.marinenow.com/stainless-ste ... 5kg-40-kg/
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Norseman »

Jkraft wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:00 pm
I said the same thing, here is the write up on the manufacture website. "This Delta anchor is constructed of high-grade stainless steel for maximum tensile strength. It has a lead-ballasted tip, giving it a low center of gravity geometry, making it self-righting ensuring that it will set and reset properly." I can tell you I tested it with a magnet and it would not stick to it.

This replaced my old galvanized delta and I had that anchor hold in some NASTY conditions on the bay last fall. I reluctantly left the boat out there under anchor and it was there when I came back but it was on my mind the whole time.

Here is where it came from https://www.marinenow.com/stainless-ste ... 5kg-40-kg/
Aha, I checked the link: It says “Delta Style” not a real Lewmar Delta anchor.
Be careful, this may me a really cheap Chinese made copy made of crap. (Or it could be the best deal on the planet, not saying it is bad, but watch out)
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jkraft »

Norseman wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:30 pm
Jkraft wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:00 pm

Aha, I checked the link: It says “Delta Style” not a real Lewmar Delta anchor.
Be careful, this may me a really cheap Chinese made copy made of crap. (Or it could be the best deal on the planet, not saying it is bad, but watch out)
For sure, time will tell. If all else fails I will carry the old one with me to put back on it
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Norseman »

Here is the real deal, a bit more pricey and you can tell the difference:
00E19091-B128-4237-9D5A-9A543F5B3C9D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Pretty anchor, will look good gleaming off that shiny blue hull. Now you have to get SS chain to go with it😳. With the right amount of chain, you will be fine in and around our waters with that anchor.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

It will certainly make it easier for us to spot you on the river!
Looks great,
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jkraft »

Norseman wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:37 pm Here is the real deal, a bit more pricey and you can tell the difference:

I don’t see a whole lot of difference in the photo but I’m sure the real deal is better. I’ll report back on how it works out for me for sure
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jkraft »

Carl wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:45 pm Pretty anchor, will look good gleaming off that shiny blue hull. Now you have to get SS chain to go with it😳. With the right amount of chain, you will be fine in and around our waters with that anchor.
Agreed, I have like 30 feet of chain I think.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Norseman »

Jkraft wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:43 pm
Norseman wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:37 pm Here is the real deal, a bit more pricey and you can tell the difference:

I don’t see a whole lot of difference in the photo but I’m sure the real deal is better. I’ll report back on how it works out for me for sure
The difference is the Lewmar lettering on the shank, the rest is probably pretty well copied.
If the metal and the welds are good quality, this could be the best deal in town.
I would take it to a lab for x-Ray testing however:
My old bumper sticker:

“Just Because You Are Not Paranoid Does Not Mean Somebody Is Not Out To Get You” :mrgreen:
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Norseman »

. Agreed, I have like 30 feet of chain I think.
True story:

This newbie sailor was sitting next to an old salt at the bar.
Newbie says: Which is the best anchor...?
Old Salt says: More scope :!:
Newbie says: Sorry I meant to ask, what is the best anchor?
Old Salt says: More scope. :shock:

30’ of chain on a 30’ boat is about minimum, hope you have more for a total rode? (Chain and line)
We operate in different waters and conditions: If you anchor deep you can’t have all chain so you probably have a lot of nylon.
In my world I anchor shallow and carry 110’ of chain, and no ny,on attached to it.
If an emergency comes up I have lots of line onboard to attach to the chain, just can’t see the need.
Also have a spare anchor with a complete rode, Aluminum with some chain and lots of line. And a third small beach hook with short chain and and 60’ line for when we anchor bow out and back slowly towards shore: At 3-4’ depth, one of us jump in and wade to shore with the beach hook. (No dink needed, but better keep an eye on the tide. :shock: )
Last edited by Norseman on Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jkraft »

Norseman wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:44 pm
. Agreed, I have like 30 feet of chain I think.
True story:

This newbie sailor was sitting next to an old salt at the bar.
Newbie says: Which is the best anchor...?
Old Salt says: More scope :!:
Newbie says: Sorry I meant to ask, what is the best anchor?
Old Salt says: More scope. :shock:

30’ of chain on a 30’ boat is about minimum, hope you have more for a total rode? (Chain and line)
We operate in different waters and conditions: If you anchor deep you can’t have all chain so you probably have a lot of nylon.
In my world I anchor shallow and carry 110’ if chain, and no ny,on attached to it.
If an emergency comes up I have lots of line onboard to attach to the chain, just can’t see the need.
Also have a spare anchor with a complete rode, Aluminum with some chain and lots of line. And a third small beach hook with short chain and and 60’ line for when we anchor bow out and back slowly towards shore: At 3-4’ depth, one of us jump in and wade to shore with the beach hook. (No dink needed, but better keep an eye on the tide. :shock: )
My main anchor is 30’ of chain and 90 feet of line. I also have a danforth with 60 feet of line
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”