• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Adjusting Park Location on AFI Wiper Motors

Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Adjusting Park Location on AFI Wiper Motors

Post by Jkraft »

Hi all, I am trying to understand how to adjust the park position on my motors. Currently, if looking at my motors, there is a single screw on the left hand side that attaches the motor to the boat. I was under the impression that once I pull the motor cover off that I can adjust the park position. How do I remove the cover? Do I need to remove the motor to do this or does it snap off somehow?

Thanks,
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Re: Adjusting Park Location on AFI Wiper Motors

Post by carolmarie »

You must remove the motor, including the wiring. You will then see the face plate that is attached to the motor housing (6 screws, I think). You should Google the service sheet for the AFI motor and you will get a clear explication of how to change the park position. It’s pretty straight forward.
Remember to caulk the mounting hole when reassembling the motor to the hard top.
Don.
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Post by Jkraft »

carolmarie wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:26 pm You must remove the motor, including the wiring. You will then see the face plate that is attached to the motor housing (6 screws, I think). You should Google the service sheet for the AFI motor and you will get a clear explication of how to change the park position. It’s pretty straight forward.
Remember to caulk the mounting hole when reassembling the motor to the hard top.
Don.
Thanks Don!
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
MerryKate
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mason Neck, VA

Post by MerryKate »

317646-11630.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”