• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

kinda cool

ESpiegel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seabeck, WA

kinda cool

Post by ESpiegel »

I purchased the last Albin made on January 1st of this year (2009 Albin 32 TE). its been a long and expensive road getting it up to cruising/fishing condition. The boat had sat neglected on the hard for almost a decade, and only had 170 hours on it. Its pretty much complete now and I've had a couple of 3-4 hour cruises so far.
I will put everything I've done in another post. This forum has been very helpful in getting everything done.

I actually bought it from the Palmer family (previous owners of Albin/Shamrock/Defiance/Bladen Composites). My boat was built in the Shamrock factory and "rushed" to get to the 2009 Miami Boat Show.
I am constantly researching info on the Albins and I actually found someone's photos of my boat at the boat show. My boat had been leased to a local fishing charter, who i thinked replaced the bolsters to white vinyl, and replaced the wood lids to the baitwell/fish lockers to Starboard. Also the teak deck drawers (behind the cockpit doors) have been replaced with starboard fronts.
They were asking $269k for the Albin at the show. No orders were recieved, so shortly after the show both Albin and Shamrock boats were closed up, based on what I've read.
ALBIN (2).JPG
ALBIN (3).JPG
ALBIN (4).JPG
ALBIN (5).JPG
ALBIN (6).JPG
ALBIN (7).JPG
ALBIN1.JPG
ALBIN (13).JPG
ALBIN (12).JPG
ALBIN (11).JPG
ALBIN (10).JPG
ALBIN (9).JPG
ALBIN (8).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Re: kinda cool

Post by Jkraft »

That is very cool! What a beautiful boat. What a price tag! But by todays standards it sounds cheap for a comparable boat
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

Those pictures are a very cool find indeed! That is a great boat. Looking forward to reading about and seeing your restoration.
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Lots of wood on that build making her a bit more yachty!

That price was a great deal and probably a sign of the times when the bottom was falling out of the economy. These boats had previously been ticketed in the $350 to $389k range during the good times of '03 to '06.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Plastikosmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rhode Island

Post by Plastikosmd »

Sweet history and glad u brought her back
I considered that boat when I was looking last year.
Shipping to east coast and amount of work needed at the price I was working with wasn’t worth it. You will love it

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”