• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Engine Hatch

dmorgan
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Oceanside, N.Y.

Engine Hatch

Post by dmorgan »

Hey Guys
I try and open both engine hatch doors and they will stop after a couple of seconds. I have to sit there and keep tapping the toggle switches (I have replaced these a few time already). It also does this when I go to close the hatch.
Any help with be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Dan
"Navy Diver" 2005 28TE Flush Deck
Ben423
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

Re: Engine Hatch

Post by Ben423 »

I had exactly the same situation when I bought my '05 FD. It turned out to be corroded connections on the lifting rams. It was easy to fix the problem by rewiring them. Though I'm a pretty poor electrician, it took less than an hour to do both sides...Correction: A month to figure out the problem and an hour to fix it.
dmorgan
Mate
Mate

Post by dmorgan »

Wow - I hope I can get so lucky. I appreciate you sharing the experience and I will definitely take the advice and report back. Going fishing in the morning (stripped Bass), and I will probably go after work on Monday and check the connections. I checked them last year (spade connectors) and they looked okay but I really need to go over all my grounds and change out corroded connections.
dmorgan
Mate
Mate

Post by dmorgan »

Thank you for the advice ! I had a very small wire that broke on both hatches. I cut all the connections and used insulated butt connectors and sealed up with a heat gun. Works as it should now and I appreciate the help - Thanks !!

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”