• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fish hold Insulation

Tom Un
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southern California

Fish hold Insulation

Post by Tom Un »

Lined the fish hold with 1" insulation and painted with liquid white rubber. Hopefully it will now hold ice for more than a few hours as I go out for days at a time.

Tom U
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Bluewater
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Burnt Store Marina, Punta Gorda, FL

Re: Fish hold Insulation

Post by Bluewater »

Tom - interesting and look forward to hearing how it works. “Go out for days at a time” - with the 28 I’m unable to be semi-independent from land as I was when living and cruising under sail. But I use the Albin a fair amount and so am always very interested in what others do to get the best and highest use of the 28.
Do you anchor at night - and if so how do you manage fuel and water - or do you stay in marinas? I anchor and average about 2.9 mpg (I cruise a lot at 1800 rpm) and, assuming 100 usable gallons (allowing for reserve and sludge), I theoretically have a calm weather range of 290 miles. How about you?
David
Albin 28TE 2000
Yanmar 6LP-STE

Ex Albin 28TE 1994 Peninsular 300
Ex Albin 43 (Lehman) and many sailboats
Tom Un
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tom Un »

David,

I haven't yet checked my MPG but plan to the next time out and will let you know. I usually anchor but sometimes stay on a mooring. I typically cruse around 2500 to 2800 RPM. I adjusted my fuel sender but is still not accurate so I'm going to order a new sender when I think about it. I'm also looking at getting a 25 gal bladder tank.
My Albin is a 2000 as well.

Tom
Bluewater
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bluewater »

Hi Tom - do you have the Yanmar also?
Look forward to hearing about your mpg. When I’m not poodling along at 1800rpm I’m cruising at about 3300. But I know I’m under-propped with a 19 x 17.
David
Albin 28TE 2000
Yanmar 6LP-STE

Tom Un
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tom Un »

Ok so the insulation worked better than my igloo ice chest so it worked yay - I went on on a 3 day run ice was still frozen - fuel mileage was bad at 2200 to 2500 about 2.6 mpg at 2900 to 3000 about 2 mpg - might be time for a rebuild - also my oil pressure is about 20 psi at 3000 and less at a lower RPM's might be time for new main bearings.
Bluewater
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bluewater »

Tom - is it a Yanmar 6LP? How many hours? Congrats on the insulation.
David
Albin 28TE 2000
Yanmar 6LP-STE

Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Tom, if you have the Yanmar, you may just need a new sending unit. My oil pressure was as you described and at the advice of a Yanmar mechanic I replaced the sending unit. Now normal readings.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Tom Un
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tom Un »

I checked the oil pressure with a manual pressure sender and my gauge is good - might need new main bearings? 1950 hours not many hours.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”