• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Head holding tank leak........?

Mike Monte
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

Head holding tank leak........?

Post by Mike Monte »

I have a 2001 28TE.
As of the late the bilge had been smelling a bit skakky.

Upon further investigation I have found what appears to be some holding-tank liquid slowly leaking into the bilge from the holding tank or tank area.

(This past off season I had a mechanic replace the sea cock for the macerator for the holding tank.)
I thought that maybe one of the hoses came loose.....I checked all of the clamps and the are snug.

I checked the hoses, etc. and everything looks dry but there seems to be some liquid along outside of the bottom of the tank (of what I can see).
Has anyone had an issue with the holding tank?

I have since filled the tank with water (with Red food coloring)....no sign of "red" since I filled it....... but there still seems to be some blue effluent slowly leaking.

Maybe I'm missing something......

Any ideas?
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: Head holding tank leak........?

Post by Norseman »

. Has anyone had an issue with the holding tank?
Not yet.. :shock:
Got the same boat and probably the same holding tank.
Only problem I had was OI (Owner Induced)
Tried to pump the head when the tank was full and ended up with waste coming out the vent-line, the operation caused quite a mess and at the same time I inadvertently pressure tested the tank and hoses, perhaps you can do the same: If there is a crack or a leak, you should see it when someone else is pumping.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”