• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Raw Water Wash pump

Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Raw Water Wash pump

Post by Halcyon »

We have been doing a bit more anchoring than usual and the raw water wash is great for getting the Chesapeake mud on the anchor.
The factory installation has always concerned me because the hose runs from the thru hull to a strainer then to the pump and they are all below the waterline. They uesed wet exhaust hose, but the strainer seems fragile for under the WL.
PICT0128.JPG
I am going to lengthen the supply hose between the seacock and run a loop above the WL. Obviously a non vented loop on the suction side of the pump. Anybody have any suggestions? How are yours plumbed?

Thanks! Trav
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Raw Water Wash pump

Post by catalina_mike »

Mine was done in a similar fashion. I never left it open when off the vessel. It is a failure point for sure but is it worth spending a bunch for a bronze one? IMO risk / reward personal choice. I bought fishing gear.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Raw Water Wash pump

Post by Pitou »

Similar, almost mirrored plumbing for the raw water wash on my 31 and my 28. Quality hoses, double clamped it's pretty proven, but I as well shut the seacock when I leave the boat. Not a bad idea replacing hoses every so often too. I replaced mine at 10 years.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”