• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

96 Albin 28TE

gregb
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Scituate, MA

96 Albin 28TE

Post by gregb »

I'm looking at a 96 with a pennisula with 900 hours. How do I find out of this is one of the problem engines? I'm not totally useless but I'm an engine idiot. Thanks in advance.
Larry cessna
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rock Hall MD

Re: 96 Albin 28TE

Post by Larry cessna »

That's the boat and motor I have. I have had it 2 years runs great.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

24 years, 900 hours and still running good?
Probably a good deal... :shock:

I got the Yanmar, the model year with the valve guide problems, but all good now. (2001)
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
gregb
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Scituate, MA

Post by gregb »

Thank you for the replies. I was wondering if the engine problems appear after time or due to hours used? I am thinking a good diesel mechanic would be able to check it out during a survey.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

gregb wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:05 pm I'm looking at a 96 with a pennisula with 900 hours. How do I find out of this is one of the problem engines? I'm not totally useless but I'm an engine idiot. Thanks in advance.
If I recall the problem years were early 90s. (93-95?) Plus it happened on engines that were not maintained and run hard. I'm pretty sure you would have known by now.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”