• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Very slow fuel fill

Wfmdfm
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wareham ma

Very slow fuel fill

Post by Wfmdfm »

This has been my first season with the 28. When filling with fuel it is slower than slow process. If I speed it up at all I get spill out of the vent. Yesterday it took 83 gallons. My wrist was killing me from trying to keep the handle just barely open. Any thoughts? I will be at the tank this off season to replace the sending unit(I am sure that will be another post) so I hope to correct what ever is wrong at that point. It is a 2000 28TE with 132 gallon tank.
2000 28 TE Yanmar 300 6LP-STE
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Very slow fuel fill

Post by Tree »

When filling, bring the nozzle as close to the top of the filler cap as practical. Not so that it spills but high enough. This gives the vents half a chance to work. I’m filling up from a tanker and can fill my tank in around six minutes with minimal overflow.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

When working on your tank this winter, take note of your vent hoses. Any bellies can cause them to hold fuel and not vent properly. Sounds like when you are filling that the pressure is pushing that trapped fuel up and out the vent. There has been several posts about this in the past. Do a search and see what you find. Some just supported them with tyraps, others trimmed hose length to get them right. Good luck!!!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Absolutely check your vent lines for droops and sags as well as check out the last two posts on this old thread ..

http://www.albinowners.net/aog/viewtopi ... fill#p6443
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”