• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hot oil Temp

briantmanzi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safety Harbor Fl

Hot oil Temp

Post by briantmanzi »

We just purchased a 94' 28TE w mercruiser D254 Turbo AC. Engine runs smooth, all temps are acceptable up to 2000 rpm. past that the oil temp rises and ill back down at 240˚ then the oil temp comes back down. coolant seems to maintains good temp... I was thinking maybe the oil cooler thermostat? anyone else have a better culprit?
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Hot oil Temp

Post by Tree »

I’d say a blocked oil cooler. May be time to pull all the coolers or at very least perform a rydlyme flush.

Make sure you’re on your A game with changing the anodes with the mercruiser - they’re bot the most corrosion resistant engine but that’s generally when coupled to the stern drive.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
briantmanzi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safety Harbor Fl

Post by briantmanzi »

10-4! I will refresh anodes. We just purchased it so I’d like to get everything updated and known. The previous owner had this problem and replaced the oil cooler. I can see it’s new... but maybe the oil thermostat?
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

I would have thought another cooler is blocked further up the line restricting the flow to the oil cooler.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”