• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Spray From Exhaust Fitting

Fogg~Dogg
Gold Member
Gold Member

Spray From Exhaust Fitting

Post by Fogg~Dogg »

I continually create a large spray (rooster tail) out the stern of the boat while running up on plane. Come to find out, it is NOT being created by the trim tab, nor the swim platform.. It is created by the leading edge of the exhaust fitting. I checked, it is tightly attached to the boat...it just sticks out enough while running to catch the water and spray it. Has anyone had this problem? If so, how did you fix it? I can't imagine a fitting over the leading edge of the exhaust fitting wouldn't do the same thing. FYI, the spray looks like a rooster tail. At times, I can get rid of it by trimming out the spray...but then I'm listing about 7 degrees to starboard.
Shark
Mate
Mate

rooster tail

Post by Shark »

As long as you are sure that it is not leaking into the boat, don't bother trying to fix it. Even if you somehow smoothed the leading edge, the big open exhaust port does not come out of the water when on plane. Therefore, that open port will give you rooster tail you are seeing. In fact, it is probably the true culprit anyway.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Spray From Exhaust Fitting

Post by Carl »

77AEE619-A4B0-4D35-AE17-0C68CF97F1A7.jpeg

Saw this on a non albin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Spray From Exhaust Fitting

Post by WillieC »

My uncle used to have that problem on one of his boats.
CalypsoToo_FrankSchneider.jpg
(Also a non-Albin.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”