• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 28/30 Pilot House Sliding Windows

johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Albin 28/30 Pilot House Sliding Windows

Post by johnmurray »

Hello All:
My 2004 Albin 30FC has sliding windows on either side of the pilot house, exactly the same (I think) as the A 28s. There are black handles to pull the after windows forward, and white handles to pull the forward windows backward.
The black handle on the starboard side has come off. It appears to have been riveted to the metal window frame and the rivet has pulled through the plastic handle. The rivet is still hanging on the window frame and there is a clean rivet hole in the black handle which is now in my toolbox.
It looks as if it could be easily repaired with a metal screw or a small nut and bolt, but I cannot figure out how to get at it. On my last boat (an Albin 27) the sliding windows could be removed by pushing the glass sections upward and then pulling them out by the bottom, but that does not seem to be case here. Do you have to remove all those large screws that can be seen surrounding the windows on the inside?
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

This won't help you, but on my 99 the handles are actually glued onto the window....like a mirror on a windshield.....or it was.... :cry: Now I just need to remember to pick up some windshield mirror glue.....
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

I'll be even less of a help...my 1997 doesn't even have handles, I push against the glass...

Can someone with window handles post a picture? Seems like yet another 'upgrade' I'll need to consider.

Doug

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”