• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Just bought 1998 28' Albin TE

rangoons
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just bought 1998 28' Albin TE

Post by rangoons »

Hi everyone, I bought the boat last week. Just picked it up today. It Has a new (last year) 315 Yanmar with new transmission with 55 hours on it. It run purrrrrrfect.
WOT is 4000 rpms at 27-28 MPH
My question is, driving it home tonight 3200 rpms is 19 MPH. 3500 rpm is 21-22 mph. 3500 sounded great. What is the maximum cruising speed or RPM for the engine. I don't want to hurt it.
Thanks again in advance. You're responses are appeciated.
Rangoons
AlMar
Gold Member
Gold Member

rpm's

Post by AlMar »

Just MHO, but most of these engines are rated at 1 hour of WOT out of 8, and 75 or 80% for cruise. In addition, you'll probably see a TREMENDOUS difference in fuel savings at that 75% speed. I have no knowledge of speed. :( I'm lucky to get 15-18 mph out of my 32. I do envy your ability to get out there quickly, but since fuel has gone nuts, I'm complaining less with my 10-12 GPH :D
AlMar
rangoons
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rangoons »

Thanks for the reply. Diesal is $2.75 - $3.85 here. Nice spread huh?
Rangoons
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

Check out Yanmarhelp.com. Lots of good info there...

http://www.yanmarhelp.com/operate.htm is a quick link page that will help you dial into a good rpm operating number. Remember that typically the Yanmar tach is off by up to 100 rpm. Double check with a handheld laser tach...

Have fun,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

I have a Yanmar 6lp300STE which is the same engine but rated different. My "comfortable sweet spot" is 3300 rpms. Anything above that and the flowscan isn't happy and neither is my pocketbook. I do occassionally run it WOT just to make sure all is ok, but I really hate to hear it scream that loud :shock:
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Rangoons,
Congrats on the new boat! I followed your other post when you were looking. Since I don't have your engine I can't help but welcome to the board. If you make a trip to the Chesapeake look us up.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”