• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 28/30 Window Handle

johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Albin 28/30 Window Handle

Post by johnmurray »

One minor thing maybe someone can help me with. On each side of my pilot house there is a pair of sliding windows...the rear one you pull forward with a black plastic handle; the forward one you pull back has a white handle. In my boat the black handle on the right side has broken away from the window frame. It looks as if it was riveted and the handle has pulled through the head of the rivet and come off. I can still pull the window back and forth, but I should replace the handle.

Can anyone tell me if I can just remove the window when I install the replacement handle or do I have to remove the window frame as well? how is it done?
thanks...John Murray...Albin 30FC...Ottawa Canada
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
tomcat rio

what i did

Post by tomcat rio »

got one of thoes cheap rubber dingy handles intended to be used when cleaning the hull to keep the dingy steady. works okay for me.
Tuxedo
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Tuxedo »

My boat has those handles glued on. They fall off every year or so, and I glue them back on.

Sounds like they tried to improve them, but might have made them worse.

Isn't your boat still under warranty?

Can you not re-rivet them?
Tom
Albin Owner Emeritus
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

John,
My 99 came with little flat pieces of plastic glued to the window...just thick enough to get a finger or two on and slide the window. You might try some mirror glue and see if you can stick something on the glass. Sure would be eaiser than dismantleing a window frame. or the little suction cups like those used to hand stuff in the shower might work. Sometimes simple is better...
Albin 28TE "Southwind"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”