• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

V Berth Pad

carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Re: V Berth Pad

Post by carolmarie »

We agree with Captain Ron; the 3.5" memory foam pad is PERFECT (COSCO, queen cut to size). It is very comfortable and stowes away behind the cushion backs complete with cover, bottom sheet, top sheet and bed spread!
We just completed a five week trip with most nights spent in the V berth so the the experience is "fresh".
Don't hesitate to go for it.
Don and Carol.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Where were the other nights spent? And I heard you met Joe on the x-TOY-RIFIC.. He said your boat was amazing.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Post by carolmarie »

Yes Rob, we did meet Joe. Never met a guy who was more excited about his new find; and, upon close inspection of ex- Toy-Rific, I can understand why. What a beautiful and well equipped vessel!
Carol and I spent eleven nights at our son's place in Falmouth on a bed that did't move. Other ports of call were: Whitehall NY, Waterford NY, Kingston NY, Tarrytown NY, Norwalk Conn. (Where we met Doug's daughter), Essex Conn., Mystic Seaport Conn., Sag Harbor NY, BI RI, Newport RI, Montauk NY, Port Jefferson NY and Liberty Landing NJ; plus day trips to Cutty Hunk and Martha's Vinyard. All part of our 50th wedding anniversary celebration. Gotta say I love her more today than when we met - Carol, that is, not the boat.
gfuller
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Portland, ME

Post by gfuller »

RicM wrote:Wallmart sells a very inexpensive memory foam pad in their bedding department that we bought, cut to shape and roll up when not in use and stow behind the seat back in the most forward bow area. A couple of suggestions.....

Go with the thinnest one, 1-1.5 inches I believe it was. I went a little thicker thinking more was better, but even the slight increase in height made it more likely that we would bang shins on the bottom of the forward opening in the 28TE berth.

Use the cover they provide and stitch to shape after you cut the foam to fit. The foam tears pretty easily from the cut edges if not protected.

The increase in comfort is exponential. It makes the bedding softer but also disguises the seams between the cushions so you don't feel them. Definitely worth the trouble.

Did you go with a queen or king size and cut it down?
1999 Albin 28 TE Yanmar 6LP-STE
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Double-check dimensions, G, but queen should do the trick. V-berth is 69" wide x 74" long.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Post by Pedro »

Queen size willl do it, I went with the egg crate type 2" cheapest way to go anyway, my wife hates how memory foam holds in body heat,,,works great, gets stuffed up forward under backrest,
gfuller
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Portland, ME

Post by gfuller »

Thanks all!

I went with Queen and it doesn't need to be cut. It doesn't completely cover all of the berth but it gets the important stuff.
1999 Albin 28 TE Yanmar 6LP-STE

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”