• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New to the Board and Shopping

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Asking price VS Selling price

Post by RicM »

The advertised asking price is 124K, the broker suggested I might start at 105 and see if I get a counter offer. I am going to look at the boat next week and will make a decision then.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Outcome

Post by RicM »

I am thrilled to report that I have a P&S on the boat I posted about at the beginning of this thread:
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... yachtsales&
2003 28 TE with virtually every bell and whistle available.I guess I am now a legit member of the owners group, thank you all for advice and encouragement. Ended up paying a little more than I hoped ($115K), but I have not seen a better example for less anywhere so i am quite happy. Still many rivers to cross with survey, closing etc, but I cannot think of a better Christmas gift than coming to terms on this!

On the other hand my car was stolen last night out of my driveway! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Ric -

Congratulations on your purchase. Really looks sharp.
Hope to see you around the bay in the spring.

Jack
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Congratulations, that boat looks beautiful! The hardest part is waiting for the spring to get here.
Merry Christmas
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Great looking boat Rick. We always spend a little more than we want.
Merry Christmas!

Ba Humbug to the guy that stole your car!
Last edited by jcollins on Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Less than expected

Post by RicM »

Frankly I was surprised that I was able to buy an 03 boat for less than $120K. The other boat I looked at yesterday was a barebones 03 (no transom door, plastic portholes, manual flush head etc) and the guy was not going under 120K. The vacuflush head on this boat is worth a grand I am told. The only issue on this boat is a oxidisation on the port side of the blue hull. Looks like it was in the same slip for all 3 seasons. Starboard and transom are OK, but I'm going to need the big buffer on the port side.
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Surveyed Well

Post by RicM »

Just got e-mail from Adrian of Johnson Marine Services that "my" Albin 28 in Stamford "surveyed out very well". One step closer!
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Glad to hear the survey went well.

At the rate the weather is going this winter, you could put her in the water and be cruising around in no time. Too bad there's not much around for fish.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

RicM,

Like I said earlier, we went through Prestrige too, and we couldn't have been more happy with them. Adrian did our survey as well. I guess Prestige really likes him and Johnson Marine (I think it's a father son team but I'm not positive).

At first I was a little skeptical about using a surveyour that was recomended from the place we were purchasing the boat from, a thought there may be a conflict of interest (i.e. that maybe my interests, even though I were paying him for his time, were not going to be looked out for).

We tried to locate other surveyours in the area, but it was kind of like finding them blind and to schedule them and everything else was becoming a PITA. So we decided to go with Adrian. Both my father and I were there for the entire survey, it had to take about 6hrs from stem to stern. We were very impressed with his work and he did find some things that needed to be addressed b/f the purchase took place. So right there it was worth it.

Good luck with the boat. Who ended up being your salesman and did they take you to that hot dog joint?
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

salesman

Post by RicM »

Peter Thorsby is the guy I am dealing with, and I assume the hot dog joint is after the closing.
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Maybe its a different guy. I was dealing with Pete, I think his last name was Dorrisey or soemthing.
todd@dannayachts.com

Engine Choices

Post by todd@dannayachts.com »

I have to chime in from the resale angle. If you were to buy the last boat you ever bought and wanted an unappreciated gem at a steal of a price, then negotiate with the owner of an Albin 28 with a Pennisular engine.

The flip side is that Albins with Penn's don;t sell on the West Coast based on their reputation (real or perceived). However, if you have a 28 Albin Flush Deck with a Volvo, Yanmar or Cummins, and it will sell and FAST.
jgolm

Post by jgolm »

I have a 2005 engine box model. No doubt that the flush deck gives you more room. But in heavy water, I have gone down backwards more than once grouper fishing in three to fives. The padded cushion on the engine box makes a great landing zone for these old bones!

Jim Golm

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”