• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Transom mounted shower

Dave39
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pilots Point North Yard Westbrook, CT

Transom mounted shower

Post by Dave39 »

Has anybody with a 28TE installed a hot/cold fresh water shower unit in the transom area? It looks like a good place to cut in the lines is just forward of the water tank, and then back thru the battery switch area, but running the lines aft is the quandry. Which works better, port or stbd? Thanks.
Dave Sieben (Dave39)
Hideaweigh
1998 31TE Cummins 450
203-640-6127
203-843-2578
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

My 28 has the shower in the transom just to the port of center. The lines run forward from the shower on the port side of the engine up to the bulkhead and tee into the lines there. That shower works great there.
Denis
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Mine is the same is Denis. Right next to the door. I assumed it was standard equipment. No?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Dave39
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pilots Point North Yard Westbrook, CT

Post by Dave39 »

jcollins wrote:Mine is the same is Denis. Right next to the door. I assumed it was standard equipment. No?
I guess it's "standard factory optional" as I've seen one in our yard here. When it's to port of center and the lines run forward in the en gine compartment (did I understand that to be the case) because I don't have the factory installed system, there are no lines available in the forward part of the engine compartment.
Dave Sieben (Dave39)
Hideaweigh
1998 31TE Cummins 450
203-640-6127
203-843-2578

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”