• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Electrical add ons

jpwrist
First Mate
First Mate

Electrical add ons

Post by jpwrist »

Thanks to all for the helpful comment on my earlier questions. I have a few more.

I have a 2001 Albin with the 6LP-STE 300hp Yanmar.

I am a previous sailboater and am inclined to duplicate some of the electrical systems I had on my sailboat. However, I recognize that this may not be appropriate for a powerboat that is planned to be cruised to the Bahamas and up the east coast.

The electrical products I am planning to add are:

1) Guest 30 amp Galvanic Isolator

2) Balmar Max Charge Digital regulator (note, the boat has the standard alternator that came with it when new)

3) Link 20 Two-Bank Battery Monitor

I would appreciate any thoughts on whether these add-ons are needed or are overkill.

Last of all, if anyone has installed any of these items, where have they installed them.

Thanks in advance for any comments or insight.

Jos

"Plan-B"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Hi Jos

I do not have several of the things you mention, but Soundings magazine did a pretty good article a couple of months ago on galvanic isolators that may be worth reading. The alternator/regulator that is standard on my boat seems to work just fine. It chagres quickly and I have no complaints at all with it. I think the batteries are charged by the AC converter when plugged into shore power. I do have a battery isolator connected though, it is mounted below near the waste storage tank. I know I did not answer your questions for the most part but ...
Denis

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”