• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

It's Official

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's Official

Post by RicM »

Closed yesterday on Phoenix, a 2003 28 TE, Yanmar 315. We are psyched and ready for the season to begin! What's that? 3 more months? Rats! I did get to bring home the book of instruction manuals though, and it's going to take me a while to figure that all out. I'd like to thank everyone who posted answers to my incessant questions while shopping and to meet some of you in Block Island this spring.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Congratulations RicM, I know what you mean about the long wait. We bought our boat in February a couple of years ago and I must say a snowy and very cold Feb. and the wait was painful. It will arrive none-the-less. I will look forward to meeting you this spring, you are not too far from us in Mystic and it looks like some of the Albin group will be getting together at Block. Denis
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Congratulations Ric. I was looking at the ad the other day with that nice "sale pending" notice on it. Very nice.

I'll be watching for you in the spring.

Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Congratulation Ric!

You will really enjoy the compliments you get at the different marinas you go to! Children of all ages will envy your new toy!

Gery Garcia
1994 28TE 'Resolution'
tomcat rio

great name for a boat...

Post by tomcat rio »

the old tomcat used to fire phoenix missiles. as i recall, the unit cost was $1.2 mil.

Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: great name for a boat...

Post by Mariner »

tomcat rio wrote:the old tomcat used to fire phoenix missiles. as i recall, the unit cost was $1.2 mil.

My grandfather was one of the engineers on the Phoenix missile project while he worked at Boeing. I don't know why I mention it, other than I always though it was pretty cool.
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That's only part of the cost....

Post by RicM »

What was the fuel burn on the way to launch & back?! And the unit cost of the platform to launch it off of???
In any case it will get renamed relatively soon. Leading contender right now is "Time after Time". Our current boat is "Makin' Time II" which came with it. We kept it because my wife owns a clockshop in Wickford Village and it seemed relevant. I wanted to name it "Amplified Dog" but that's another story!
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: That's only part of the cost....

Post by DougSea »

RicM wrote:What was the fuel burn on the way to launch & back?! And the unit cost of the platform to launch it off of???
In any case it will get renamed relatively soon. Leading contender right now is "Time after Time". Our current boat is "Makin' Time II" which came with it. We kept it because my wife owns a clockshop in Wickford Village and it seemed relevant. I wanted to name it "Amplified Dog" but that's another story!
Ric,

Congratulations on the new boat!

Just don't forget that you HAVE to do the un-naming ceremony when you rename her! :shock: (Since it involves drinking this is usually not a problem!)

I know I have a copy of the whole drill around here somewhere, I'll post it when I find it. Still have to go through it with my boat, she's still wearing her 'old' name.

Keep me posted as your travel plans down to Stamford firm up and I'll make sure I'm around to share some lunch and stories.

Best of luck!!!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
tomcat rio

one thing to remember about naming a boat...

Post by tomcat rio »

..you will use it during a distress call. so the name should not be too hard to understand over the radio...
some boat names are real tounge twisters.
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Congrats...nothing like buying a new boat, except maybe selling a old one.

I did check with the Neptune Society and found out that if you purchase and fly a new Albinowners burgee...you really don't have to go though the un-naming ceremony...unless you just like champagne.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Ric,
Congratulations! Like chief said there is nothing like a new boat. I purchased mine in December and it was a long winter waiting for the sound of that diesel starting up.

Here is the renaming ceremony that I used for another boat. We had about 20 people. It was fun.

http://albinowners.net/aog/viewtopic.ph ... light=hurt
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”