• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Window defroster and remote Spotlight location questions

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

mhanna wrote:I have found out how to post pics... watch out...

Anyway, here is a pic of my old boat and how the light was out on the pulpit. I have not had a chance to play with the new one yet, but will advise.
Hey Guys. Work on resizing your photos. They are a little too big.

Thanks,
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Picture sizes

Post by RicM »

Picture sizes are relative to the resolution setting on your particular monitor. I have my Mac laptop set to 1440x900 and they all fit fine. If you have an older CRT screen set to 800x600 (or even 640x480's left around) all pictures are going to look BIG!
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Picture sizes

Post by DougSea »

RicM wrote:Picture sizes are relative to the resolution setting on your particular monitor. I have my Mac laptop set to 1440x900 and they all fit fine. If you have an older CRT screen set to 800x600 (or even 640x480's left around) all pictures are going to look BIG!
They're working for me too. And in some cases I like the extra detail in the larger photos. Of course, when they get too big for my 1400x1050 laptop I'll probably complain! :lol: )
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

1024X768 for us older guys with older computers.

Thanks,
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Here goes I'll try a picture. I could not get a very good shot because of the cover and the frame. Image
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Thanks for the photo Dennis. I've been considering something very similar. A question, how do you think the light would respond to being mounted to the underside of the platform? I'm sure I could re-work the wiring (since UP would be DOWN) but I wonder if I'd have any moisture retention and mechanical issues if the light was upside down.

(And if you happen to have the brand/model of your light that would be helpful too!)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Doug, The light I mounted is a Stryker by Go Light M#3066 bought at Defender. It is fully remote controlled so their are no wires other than plus and minus 12V. I think the remote needs to have line of sight so I don't know if it would work under the pulpit. I checked the manual and it didn't say anything about not hanging it up-side down. Hope that helps. It works very well and gives almost no reflection at all where it's mounted and the remote is great. Denis
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo, FL

Post by craw_daddy »

...:roll:

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”