• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Cabin table on 28TE issue....

mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Cabin table on 28TE issue....

Post by mhanna »

This may be a stupid question, I am just hoping someone can help me out before I take the cabin table support apart.
I am having an issue lowering the table, I loosened and even removed the large knob, the table spins around but does not go up or down. There is a little hole just above the knob, I am guessing it was a pull that allowed up and down ?
Any info would be helpful, I am hoping someone can just tell me what I am doing wrong...

Thanks
Matt
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Yes Sir, I can help!

When I picked up my 28 last year I did the same thing. I was trying to lower the table and thought it was too stiff. Backed the knob off all the way - even took it out, and it still wouldn't go down. Since we were on an overnight trip I ended up taking the pedestal off so we could use the v-berth!

It turns out that there's a small metal wedge in a cutout inside the clamp assembly. When you loosen the screw it takes the pressure off the inner tube and you can push the table down (in my case I just wasn't used to how hard you had to push). When you removed the screw the threaded plate with the hole and the pressure plate probably jammed in the hole.

It's possible to fix this with the table in place, you need to get on your back with a small flashlight and a thin screwdriver - get the pieces out and then slip them back together, pressure plate first in the square hole and then the threaded piece. You'll probably find it easier to just unscrew the whole thing from the deck and flip it over but either should work.

My wife still laughs at the image of me, putting all my weight on the table and yelling at it to go down!

:o
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Yes sir, I fixed mine too. I lowered the table, took out the cushions, had a custom memory foam mattress made in two pieces instead of 4, removed the seat backs. I rarely sit below, never used the table and am way to lazy to have to go through all that "crap" to make the bed up each night....this work great for me. Never have missed the table or seat backs. When I watch my DVD or listen to music or play music on board, I just lay back on all my memory foam pillows...... 8)
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Ha! Same problem here the first time. Took me a couple of tries. AND, the first time I laid down, then rolled over, I banged my shins on that shelf. I ended up cutting a slit in one of those "noodles" (kids floating toy) and slipping it over that corner. You can't see it when the cushion is down.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Table Pedestal

Post by johnmurray »

After I took delivery of my new (2004) A-30FC, I had the same problem with the table pedestal. It was extremely difficult to make it go either up or down and it always seemed to be jammed. My dealer took the problem up with Albin and they provided a new and somewhat different pedestal (under warranty) that works fine. I believe that there was design fault with the original pedestal.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
jgolm

Table support

Post by jgolm »

I had the same problem with my 2005 Albin TE. You had to sit on the table to get it to go down! I bought a much better post from Albin for over $200.00. It should have been replaced for free but was not! I also had trouble with the Helm seat slider. Both of these items should have lasted longer than 200 hours usage!

Jim Golm
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

Thanks for all the great info, I tried again and now realize how hard I have to push to put the table down, I did not know it was spring loaded.
So now that I got it down and threw in the 2 cushions I see where chiefrd was going with the 2 piece mattress. The 2 cushions over the table seem to be working their way out as you move around. I guess I will try to find some sticky pads and put them between the cushions and table.

Matt

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”