• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Transom Bench Seat for 2005 28TE

Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Transom Bench Seat for 2005 28TE

Post by Carl »

I am in the process of purchasing "Belle" a 2005 28TE Flushdeck and need a little help. Is the fold down bench seat comfortable and sturdy? Is it out of the way while fishing? Anyone have an Albin part# and cost?

Thanks in advance, Carl
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Hi Carl,

You may want to call one of the dealerships about the part number and price. They do sell them for older Albins if you are interested.

I did see one (Newport edition) at a boat show last year. It was very good quality and it does fold out of the way. I sat on it and it felt it would be comfortable enough for extended duration seating. I think it would be a worthy investment. I am thinking about buying one if my custom folding seat falls apart - which it might in the next few years.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Carl »

Thanks for the info.....I will call next week and see what I can come up with.

Carl
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Carl »

$1950.00 plus shipping! OUCH!
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

That is what I paid for the option when I bought my Newport last summer. It is a nice seat but if I had it to do over again I probably would buy two or three good deck chairs which offer more comfortable and flexible seating in the cockpit (and which are over $1500 cheaper :lol: ).
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

One of those seats came in my previous boat and I stored it in my garage. The occupants get sprayed while underway if there is any kind of chop so it was not useful unless on a swimming trip. I agree the deck chairs are a much better option.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Carl »

Thanks for your reply, the folding chairs make good sense. In fact West Marine has them on sale!
Carl
SpaceCoaster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Read Reviews

Post by SpaceCoaster »

Carl,

Make sure you read the reviews on the deck chairs that West Marine sells (on westmarine's web site). I bought two of them, one the stainless ($$$) and the other an alum framed chair. Both have developed early issues. I've owned them less than a year. On one the seat caved in (I may carry a couple of extra pounds now that I'm in my 40's but I'm not that fat). The other the riveting of the backrest to the frame is of low quality. The backrest came completely off. This from carrying the chair and no other weight other than the weight of the chair itself. If you carry it, make sure you do so by the frame. You may want to check other brands.

Jorge
Baby Bella
1994 Albin 28TE
(D254 Mercruiser/BMW)
Merritt Island, FL
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

They have two brands. Kingfish and Sailfish.
The reviews on the Kingfish brand are all negative.
I purchased the Sailfish. Haven't had problems yet but the reviews aren't much better. I keep them in the cabin and have only used them 8-10 times.
They are comfy but when they go I will be looking around for a better brand name.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Carl wrote:Thanks for your reply, the folding chairs make good sense. In fact West Marine has them on sale!
Carl
Carl,
I see you are in my neighborhood. I'll make you a deal. I have decided to let my two chairs go. So, since you are a member and just around the corner, I'll sell you my two chairs for 50.00. They are one year old, no dirt, damage, etc. Only used a few times. Stored inside.
Let me know your thoughts and where you will be keeping your boat.

Congratulations by the way...
John
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Carl »

John, Thanks for the offer. Are they aluminum or stainless steel?
I gotta ask, have you found a better brand?
I have been keeping my Penn Yan over on Kent Island for about 7 years.
The wife and I like the area and its close to some good fishing. We are in Crab Alley at Skipjacks.
The Penn Yan went up for sale this week in case you know anyone looking for a great boat!
I will let you know about the chairs, as I am still not done with researching
all the options. We might be sitting on coolers until I see how things work!
Thanks, Carl
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Penn Yan! My first choice was the 30 when I was looking for a bridge boats. I could find smaller ones in good shape but all of the 30s I looked at just didn't feel right. The last one I looked before learning about Albin was in Deltaville. I came close but the list of little things was very long. The pocket drive would have perfect for my shallow draft creek.
Skipjack's is a nice place. The drive over there on a Friday afternoon would be too much for me. You can post in the for sale section if you like. I guess you know about the Penn Yan board.

The chairs are aluminum. I think they were around 125.00 each? You could get 2-3 years of regular use out of them. More if you "baby" them.

I forgot the brand name of the ones we are going to use. The previous owner left them on the boat. The are a non-padded nylon. Nothing fancy but they are wider, lighter, and have cup holders built in. I'll make a note of the brand this weekend.
John
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Chairs

Post by Carl »

John, We finally got to use the boat for the first time this weekend, even though it is not finished with all of the comfort features. We ended up buying a new one (2006) and it has been a struggle with back orders getting her outfitted. If you still have the chairs and want them out of your way, I am now ready for them, and it is obvious that with anymore than us on the boat seating is limited to coolers. Let me know and maybe we can meet up on the water or downtown for a cold one!

Thanks, Carl
jcollins
In Memorium

Re: Chairs

Post by jcollins »

Carl wrote:John, We finally got to use the boat for the first time this weekend, even though it is not finished with all of the comfort features. We ended up buying a new one (2006) and it has been a struggle with back orders getting her outfitted. If you still have the chairs and want them out of your way, I am now ready for them, and it is obvious that with anymore than us on the boat seating is limited to coolers. Let me know and maybe we can meet up on the water or downtown for a cold one!

Thanks, Carl
My wife and I were just talking about those chairs this weekend. We had offered them to someone else and he has not picked them up. So, they are yours! Congrats on the boat. Will you be making the pre-rendezvous in June? Where are you keeping the Albin?
I'll email my cell.
John
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Still have those chairs...
John

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”