• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Advice when considering a used Albin 28

tomcat rio

Advice when considering a used Albin 28

Post by tomcat rio »

When considering a used Albin 28 give the hot water heater a really good inspection. Check for corrosion in, funny taste in the hot water, degraded hoses, etc. It may be the most inaccesible assembly in the whole boat.

If you ever need to replace one, it can be labor intensive and costly to say the least.

:(
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Good advice TC.

Thanks!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
fairtide
First Mate
First Mate

water heaters and water flavor

Post by fairtide »

Sergeant Barry suggested the taste test for possible hot water heater corrosion and that leads me to wonder whether anyone out there actually drinks or uses tank water for ingestion. Most flexilbe "garden" hoses that we use to fill our tanks with have some lead content that is casually disclosed on the cardboard square that new hoses are attached to at the stores. If you are not using a supply hose that meets standards for potable water and if you've been drinking or cooking with that water, maybe it's time to buy a proper hose. Of course, the water supply line that comes to the hose bib that you connect to should also be certified for potable water. We all know how hot dockside water can be because of solar heating and that increased temp has a way of dissolving more stuff into that stream that is entering your tank.
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

I filter my water with a dock side filter and I treat each tank and it makes for a great shower and hand wash....I drink bottled water. 8)
Albin 28TE "Southwind"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”