• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 28TE versus Shamrock Mackinaw 270

Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

PNL, I hope the Sea Trial went well and your now an ALBIN owner or on your way. I came from a 26 ft planing center console with cuddy forward and twin 200's on a bracket. It was fast, wet and rough. With the Albin I've encountered some pretty rough seas, but remember the semi-displacement design when not on plane pushes through the swells. Still can be wet, but not too rough.

My Albin is a hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead. The boat covers all the bases, but can be PITA when "fish on"! I survive and the 1st mate loves it!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
PnL

Post by PnL »

My wife and I met with a local owner, who was very gracious in answering all our questions and having us aboard his lovely 28. We went out but there was some mysterious exercise going on as the CG made SD Bay a
"no-wake" zone - figures, doesn't it? But we did have her on plane for a while and although we didn't hit any swells or other wake, we did get a chance to see how she handles.

I think the most valuable information we got was the testimonial from the owner - the little tidbits you can never get from a brochure, sales person, or even on a forum such as this - was invaluable.

Many thanks to the owner!

Regards,
Paul

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”