• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

closing on 28te this week!

craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo, FL

closing on 28te this week!

Post by craw_daddy »

I've been looking for a new larger boat to create family memories with. I have a 12yr old boy & a 10yr old girl that are finally ready to learn about nautical things first-hand. The current boat is a 22' center console 'go-fast'w/ low gunnels that either putted at idle, or once on plane or ran too fast for wife & kids.

After much looking around I found a very gently used 2006 28te (flush deck) near Baltimore that I made an offer on. I went up that weekend to drop off a deposit & lined up a survey. With two small issues being reported from teh surveyor (gelcoat crazing around bow thruster & the helm unresponsive on a starboard turn at >3000rpm, we decided to move forward with the purchase. :D

The vessel (soon to be renamed Grace Full) will be kept in Melbourne where I expect she will be regularly used gunkholeing the Indian River Lagoon spoil islands with the family on the weekends, running out to the far side of the gulf stream for yellowfin tuna fishing (she has the 4' open array for bird spotting) with buddies, or bottom fishing outside of Sebastian inlet. The family is reallly looking forward to starting this new adventure too. They are looking forward to understanding the mysterious rules of the road, small boat seamanship & navigation so they can experience FL from an on-the-water viewpoint.

I grew up sailing in Coconut Grove during the 70's & early 80's befor joing teh Navy & sailing destroyers in Asia & the Pacific. Although neither a sailboat or a 'tin-can' the layout of this boat reminded me of our 28' Soverel, but the mechanical systems were much better.

I hope to get her down to Biscayne Bay w/ my family sometime in the future to relive Elliot Key & S.Biscayne Bay & offshore.

I've read many posts on this forum & there seems to be many fine people owning Albin yachts. I look forward to seeing many of you on the water.

I can't wait! --Dave
SpaceCoaster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Welcome

Post by SpaceCoaster »

Hi Dave,

I hope all turns out well with the purchase. Drop me a line if you plan on going north of Melbourne. I'm in Merritt Island and have a '94 28TE. There's one other that I know of in Indian Harbour Beach area. It's a great boat for a family to enjoy.

Jorge
Baby Bella
1994 Albin 28TE
(D254 Mercruiser/BMW)
Merritt Island, FL
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Congratulations on the new boat Dave! The family will love it and if you believe Tomcat you can even wakeboard off of her!

(And welcome to the board)

Just be careful with the whole renaming thing, I was a bit lax in keeping Posiden happy and ran into some early season issues. Next chance I got I went up on the bow, dumped a bottle of my favorite "adult beverage" over the pulpit, said a few words...thing's are going much smoother!! :wink:

Now you need to post a few pictures. I'd like to see a 28 with a big a$$ open array!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

feels good...

Post by craw_daddy »

I was thinking of having teh boat delivered to either:
Telemar Bay Marina 1399 Banana River Drive Indian Harbour FL 32937 (407) 773-2468 (28° 9' 0" N 80° 36' 10" W), or
the Sebastian River Marina & Boatyard 8525 N. US Hwy 1, Sebastian, FL 32958
Tel: (772) 664-3029

I wandered over to Telemar over teh weekend & it looked like I could fill up there (clean area w/ fuel docks). Do you have any other suggestions for a travel lift drop into the Indian River or Other good local fuel sources? I appreciate any help.

--Dave
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

sea trials pics...

Post by craw_daddy »

here are a few pics I took when I dropped off my deposit..
my first sighting...

the starboard side...

the port side...

the RADAR...

everything looked as good as new everywhere! I can't wait to see her in Melbourne :lol:
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

underway pics..

Post by craw_daddy »

here are a few more pics I took when I sea trialed the boat last weekend. It was a little windy..

underway..

a pretty chesapeake bay sailboat showing her bottom paint..

another pretty chesapeake bay sailboat under spinnaker..

a funky lighthouse (we don't grow 'em like this in FL)...

hopefully, the next photos will be new boat arrival shots...
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Craw_Daddy,
Miss Cathy Sue is a good looking boat! Congratulations. That lighthouse is Baltimore Light. It marks the beginning of the Craighill channel into Baltimore.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
SpaceCoaster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Marina

Post by SpaceCoaster »

Dave,

Grace Full looks sharp! I'd like to see her in person one day.

Telemar Bay seems like a decent place to get her off-loaded. I would feel pretty comfortable there. I've rented dock space there and fueled my previous boats there w/o any issues. Telemar handles some pretty sizeable craft and seem to have a clean, well run operation. No idea about the place in Sebastian - that's a bit out of my area.

Jorge
Baby Bella
1994 Albin 28TE
(D254 Mercruiser/BMW)
Merritt Island, FL
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

**UPDATE**

Post by craw_daddy »

the check is in the mail (REALLY!). Transporter to pick her up next Thursday... Woo Wee.. :D
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cape Codder »

Sweet!
Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

finally arrived!

Post by craw_daddy »

here she rests on the trailer, fresh off the highway:

She gets wet at 8AM tommorow! -can't wait!

--Dave
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Looking forward to seeing some "un-wrapped" pictures at her new home.

Congratulations!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Dave is probably having too much fun to take some pictures. <smile>
Post them when you have time.
John