• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Louvered side air vent

Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Re: Louvered side air vent

Post by Jkraft »

Grady, where is the blower exactly? Do you have a pic? I’ve got a blower switch on my dash but nothing powers on
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Grady265 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:11 pm Where do the vent hoses connected to the pilot house Louvers go? I have a blower on each side of my engine compartment that connect to the lower vents (below the rub rail), through the blower, then just hangs down on the hull. I had the Marina install the ABS collector boxes, but there’s no vent hose connected. I can install a vent hose, but where does the other end go?
Thanks,
Eric
The 31/32TE is set up differently than the 28'. On the 28 there are no blowers and the upper intake vents generally had collector boxes with vent hose dropped into the engine bilge.

It sounds like you have gone forward with the purchase of the Bladen 32TE / 31. Is this the hull that you are referring to?
If so, it sounds like your hull is setup differently than the Albin production boats. Pictures will help.

The Albin production models have Oval Vetus vents midship below the rub rail with dorade collection boxes. These are wide open intake boxes with no hose connected

"Above" the rub rail on the cabin trunk are the rectangular exhaust vents with collector boxes connected to flexible vent hose to the blowers with hose then running along the forward bulkhead hung by zip ties to the front of the engine. The blowers are used to exhaust heat from the engine bay bilge space. I basically use these after shutdown to cool down the engine compartment.

I'll try to dig up some pictures.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
ESpiegel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seabeck, WA

Post by ESpiegel »

Yup, Handed over the check for it yesterday!
I'll take some pics today of the vents, blowers and ducting.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pitou »

Grady265 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:35 am Yup, Handed over the check for it yesterday!
I'll take some pics today of the vents, blowers and ducting.
Congratulations!

Here's an exterior picture describing the exterior vents. My engine bilge pictures are of other areas and don't really capture the vents all that well. Please share yours and I'll get some of mine.
Air Intake &amp; Exhaust Blower.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

April '04 ~ May '13
ESpiegel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ESpiegel »

Starboard side blower connected to engine intake vent, upper pilothouse vent not connected. Same with the port side.i didn’t check to see if the blowers are sucking air out of the boat, or intaking air.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pitou »

The large vents are for air intake. The rectangular vent on the side of the pilot house is where these blowers should be connected to not to where they are currently plumbed.

The blowers are designed to exhaust heat and or gasoline fumes for inboard boats and not to be run for introducing air for intake to the engine. You can check out descriptions for their use the Atwwod website .. here's a link to Atwood: http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/prod ... bo-4000-ii There will be a link to the install instructions which specifically speak to setting these up for exhaust.

If Bladen installed them for intake then that would be incorrect and you should turn the blowers around. If you look closely, you'll see a directional arrow showing the flow of air when turned on.

It sounds like from your previous post that you had the yard put the SeaDog collection boxes in the rectangular vents on the pilot house .. move the blower exhaust to these locations and make sure that the blowers are setup to exhaust.
https://sea-dog.com/groups/2157-collector-box
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

April '04 ~ May '13
ESpiegel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ESpiegel »

Thanks Kevin!
Happy new year!
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pitou »

Blower set-ups .. hope that this helps!

Port Blower to Dorade Box.jpg
Port Blower to Engine Bilge.jpg
Starboard Blower to Dorade Box.jpg
Starboard Blower down to cross under pass through.jpg
Starboard crossing beneath pass through.jpg
I am in the midst of replacing hoses on the starboard side .. hose passes through vacant zip tie loops
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”