• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2004 31te twin 370 Cummins in FL

witchcityeng
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: danvers

2004 31te twin 370 Cummins in FL

Post by witchcityeng »

Looking at a 1 owner 600hr 31te in Stuart fl in Jan 2016. Its at $140k. It's named bottom dollar. Any comments on this set up or specific boat?
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Farther Re: 2004 31te twin 370 Cummins in FL

Post by amber jj »

Ours is a 2000 with twin 370's. I'm not to familiar with all the diesel jargon but am slowly learning. We like to cruise at about 2200 rpm giving us about 24Knots if we are going directly to a destination,but most the time just plunking along at about 1200 rpm.
We are on the the Great Lakes,Lake Erie to be exact where the wave frequency is a lot closer than your waves that are a lot farther apart. We do have to slow down considerably but she still gives you a dry ride unless the wind blows the spray the wrong way.
My point great boat great engines,very spacious,lots of storage,love it.
witchcityeng
Deckhand
Deckhand

Re: 2004 31te twin 370 Cummins in FL

Post by witchcityeng »

thanks for info. also looked at a 99 35te in ont ca with twin 315 yanmars but more interested in cockpit space rather than down below. Partial to twin Cummins as i'm coming from a twin Cummins powered 31 express i owned for 12years with out a hitch. How do the fuel tanks hold up? Water intrusion to hull and decks? Also concerned with accessibility to equipment. I do all my own work from pulling motors to sewing canvas...only way i can afford it! trying to keep it in $100k range. I've been on two 31's for short runs but the owners had open check books which I do not!
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Post by amber jj »

Accessibility to outboard port side no problem,starboard a different story.My hatch for outboard starboard access is below the steering wheel a then through the bulkhead,a little tight but doable.I was at 235lbs.but down to 198 now.it is a whole lot easier now.
Strange you should mention fuel tanks.I had a leakage problem for the past year and a half and this fall pulled them.The tanks were to wide for the boat and the outside bottom edges of the two outboard tanks had wore through from sitting on the fibre glass hull.Believe it or not.The aluminum wore and not the glass.The centre tank had some corrosion but was not leaking.I had the outside tanks bottom corners cut off and a new piece welded in on a angle to accommodate the hull angle and pressure tested.So far so good.We will find for sure this spring.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

I don't know anything about this particular boat but it looks like a good one on the Yachtworld listing. I could look at it for you if you want and tell you if it has any fatal flaw before you make the trip. It has the diamond series Cummins which is a big plus. I just wish it did not have two of them.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
witchcityeng
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by witchcityeng »

Yes Russ that would be awesome it's at the Stuart boat show Jan 15th
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Russell »

I was planning on going to the boat show so I will check it out and get back with you. Anything in particular you want me to look at?
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
witchcityeng
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by witchcityeng »

Thanks! Main concerns are tank issues (replaced all three in my express) water intrusion to top sides, and number of stress cracks. Even though it's racked stored rain does a job too if things aren't bedded right. Fuel lines can be an issue after 10 years. Given the hours and one owner I would assume only minor cosmetics would need attention
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Post by MadMoney »

Russell - I'm curious to hear if you checked out this boat.... how did it look?
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Russell »

Yes, I saw it and responded in a personal message. I was greatly impressed as were all the other people looking at the boat while I was on it. It looked just like new. I have never seen such a clean and well kept boat. I am surprised that it did not sell. The broker was a personal friend of the owner and said he always kept it in that condition. The owner keeps it on a lift. Most of those looking never heard of an Albin so had no appreciation for it. Even though I do not want two engines to care for I can't stop thinking about it. The Diamond series Cummins are hard to beat. This was the first 31 I have seen and when I returned to my own boat it seemed like a peanut. If you prefer twin engines, this boat is well worth a look.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MadMoney »

Sure looks like a nice ride.... not many 31's on the market, surprised it hasn't sold yet.

Thanks for the info Russell!

Anthony
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MadMoney »

I see that this boat finally sold... wish I would have been in a position to jump on this boat!

I wonder what it finally sold for?

If the new owner is on this board, congrats!!!

<>
gerber30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fort Pierce, FL

Post by gerber30 »

I bought it in May. It was very clean and had every piece of paperwork since day one.
2004 31 TE w/ twin 370 Cummins (current)

Previous Boat
'97 28 TE w/2005 Yanmar
"Marianne"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

gerber30 wrote:I bought it in May. It was very clean and had every piece of paperwork since day one.
Congratulations on the 31TE purchase. I check in on the market now and again and the Yachtworld listing for Bottom Dollar looked looked like one of the cleanest 31's that I've seen for sale in quite sometime. Enjoy your new 31TE and those Cummins B's!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MadMoney »

gerber30 wrote:I bought it in May. It was very clean and had every piece of paperwork since day one.
Oh Congratulations!!! That is a great looking 31'.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”