• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Salt Water Washdown

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Salt Water Washdown

Post by RicM »

My 28 TE did not come with pump or plumbing for a saltwater washdown or for the baitwell (previous owner didn't fish). I would like to hear from other owners as to how they might have installed a system. Right now I'm thinking of adding a bronze "T" to the seacock near the batteries that supplies salt water to the A/C (which I use very little). I have plenty of room to mount an auto shutoff pump there, then run Flex Marine hose to a fitting on the panel between the gunnel rod holder on the starboard side and the transom. This would allow me to just toss the hose into the baitwell to fill and circulate without actually having to plumb it. Any thoughts/suggestions from the group would be appreciated.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Hey Ric -

I have fresh and saltwater washdowns (factory installed) on my '03. Both hose nozzles are on the port side right behind the mate seat. I think your idea of t-ing off the a/c supply line would work fine.

If you ever want to see how mine came rigged just yell. I'm across the bay in the Sakonnet river.

Jack

BTW - Nice fish on Saturday!
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Nameless, I found myself in the same dilemma when purchasing my Albin. I 'm not sure, but tagging into your AC pick-up may not have enough back pressure with the AC discharge now open for air intake along with the seawater intake fighting each other???? I don't know, just a thought. I added two bronze seacocks and strainers port stern and plumbed them seperately to the baitwell and a hose bib starboard stern. This was a pretty accessable project. I used a mayfair bait pump and a shurflo or Jabsco water pump for the saltwater wash. If you are able, check out some new boats for an understanding to how Albin set this up.
I'd be happy to post some pics. Unfortuneately this would involve a haul-out.
I recommend you keep the original Albin integrity to that sweet new boat of yours. :)
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

A/C outlet

Post by RicM »

I guess I assumed (and we know how dangerous that can be) that the A/C Pump and AC heat exchanger system would present enough resistance to keep the washdown pump from sucking air into the AC outlet. Perhaps a check valve on the AC outlet hose?
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”