• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Removing Oxidation and small fixes

MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Re: Removing Oxidation and small fixes

Post by MadMoney »

special k wrote:on my blue hulled 2002 28te i, too, had some oxidation and spotting. i buffed out oxidation but the spots still visible . been using poli glow for the past 5 seasons and happy with the results. it lasts all season and i strip and re-apply each spring. a bit of a process, easier than colliinite in my opinion. the finish looks great from a few feet away....mirror like but up close flaws are visible .....i'll keep using the poli glow over the $7k awl grip paint job any day. too many more important places for my cash!
You can get an awlgrip paint job for $7K? I assume that is from the waterline to the rub rail... still, that 50+% less than 3 quotes I got out here in the Seattle area. My quotes ranged from $15K-$17K, insane! I ended up calling in some favors and got the good buddy discount which included my friend and I doing the bulk of the prep which was a dirty, dusty job.
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Re: Removing Oxidation and small fixes

Post by mjohnh »

Thanks,....I will consider poli glow for the future.......

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”