• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Alaska Enclosure

DKramer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sausalito

Alaska Enclosure

Post by DKramer »

Is it possible to do the Alaska enclosure as an after market add on? If I buy an Albin 28 TE how can I get the enclosure bulkhead?

Is there someone who makes the kit?
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: Alaska Enclosure

Post by Jeremyvmd »

The company who makes the parts does not know which parts are for the Albin 28s. So if you can get the part numbers from someone who has them you could have one made but no one has been able to get my the numbers as of yet unfortunatly.
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

DKramer: My guess even if we could ID the maker and request for one would be really expensive. Sadly, with no former factory contact people it seems like an unlikely result.
whwells "Howard"
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Aluminum 2000 is the maker, all they would need is the part numbers off someone's existing enclusure
Iso0725
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: SG

Post by Iso0725 »

Jeremyvmd wrote:Aluminum 2000 is the maker, all they would need is the part numbers off someone's existing enclusure
any luck so far? :D
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Nope no one has stepped forward with the info and despite scouring the web I cannot find the info
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

I had the enclosure on my 28 and there were no identifying part numbers to be seen anywhere nor on the original order sheet. This was one off custom for Albin. At one point in a search for parts I contacted Pompanette / Bomar in NH and they put me in touch with someone at the Aluminum 2000 plant in PA that knew the Albin products inside & out. As employees come & go and Albin being out of business tracking anything custom becomes more difficult. I'd try to be as persistent as possible and obtain direct factory contact finding someone who has been there a long time. Short of that, they do manufacturer one offs as well. Possibly template an existing one or don't forget our friends at Standish Boat Yard in Tiverton, RI who have more knowledge on Albin production than this whole board put together. Try to order through them letting them use their knowledge and expertise.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Expoguy
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Dana Point, CA

Post by Expoguy »

I am looking at a boat today with the Alaskan bulkhead and I do not want it. I would like to see if it could be removed ? I can only assume since it was an add on that it can. Because I am So Cal it is not needed and it's way too close to engine hatch.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Expoguy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:21 am I am looking at a boat today with the Alaskan bulkhead and I do not want it. I would like to see if it could be removed ? I can only assume since it was an add on that it can. Because I am So Cal it is not needed and it's way too close to engine hatch.
It is relatively easy to remove and only held in place with screws & sealed with caulking. If you buy the boat, maybe give it a few months trial before removing .. you just might find that you like it.

I was like you and wanted it removed at time of purchase and decided to leave it in place and try it. I was glad that I did.

These doors were also very popular on the southeast coast of the United States for a tight seal when running air conditioning.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member