• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

new owner of 31 TE, have a question

duckbofetch
Deckhand
Deckhand

new owner of 31 TE, have a question

Post by duckbofetch »

what do you guys do for screens , on pilot house side windows, and back
doors?

thanks,
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

I do not have screens on the side windows but on the rear drop curtain I have screens beneath the isenglas. I just roll up the isenglas to leave the screens open.

On the 31 with the hard back, I would think a snap on screen to cover the door opening would be ok.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

screens for bug control

Post by Pitou »

I have a 28 with the Alaskan Bulkhead enclosure and have what Jack suggested on the door / a snap on screen with a zipper up the center / works well. Ocean Aire makes a retractable screen door that loads in a cassette running the full height of the door / just pull across to a magnet or latch. I'm sure there are others.

I posted a thread / Screens for Bug Control. Here's the solution I settled on. I went ahead and had screens made and just picked them up this A.M. and they are not yet on the boat. They will cover the open area when the rear window is slid fully forward. I made a template with red rosin paper and went to my local canvas guy (next door neighbor) who reluctantly agreed to use velcro (he prefers snaps) to firmly attach to three sides the rear, top and bottom of the inside window frame and the forward part of the screen has a a rope covered in fabric to fill in the gap created by the window being set in from the window frame. They can be easily rolled up and stowed when not in service. The port and starboard sliders are similar on the 31.

A third channel in the frame would have been ideal to set a screen in that slides, but that solution would require a new window frame / I don't think so :lol: .

Here is a photo on my kitchen floor of the port side slider screen I'll post installed later in the thread Screens for Bug Control. The second shot shows the Admiral on her name sake / you should be able to see the cockpit door roll up screen in the down snapped position to starboard and the port side rolled up. I hope this helps for now.
The second shot also shows the rear side window slid forward / should show how the screen in the first shot will fit. Can't wait to attach the screen in that opening.

Hey Jack / Dogonit looks great !

[img][img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s52/ ... eenAOG.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s52/ ... 050019.jpg[/img][/img]
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Hey Pitou,

That's a mighty fine looking vessel you got yourself there. I really like the radar mast you had installed. Question, are those clamp on rocket launchers or are they welded?
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

My boat came with a screen for the forward hatch and for all the side ( oval ) portholes. I've been thinking about making a screen that will replace one of my hatch boards which would then give me all around ventilation. Check on line and you can probably find those porthole/front hatch screens.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Cuda Clamps by Taco

Post by Pitou »

Thanks Elizabeth Ann, The rod holders are a clamp on style from Taco. The #4 size fits the arch. Here is a link to where I got them.
http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xcart/ ... shing.html
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
henry robertson
First Mate
First Mate

screens

Post by henry robertson »

my boat has channels above the windows with snaps below--i have hard doors but same channels run actoss top with snaps below. we have cockpit cover and can screen in that area too. lots of canvas to carry around with no good storage--put net over rear berth--works but not easy to use
henry
henry
albin 31

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”