• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 31TE

hharris580
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Pensacola

Albin 31TE

Post by hharris580 »

Just bought a 2006 31TE with twin 315 Yanmar's looking for a little help. The previous owner had a 30hp outboard mounted for trolling for salmon. He was using the live well for fuel storage and disconnected the water intake. I see the thru hull shutoff below the live well closed and shut off with what looks like a 2-inch hose next to it. In the tank itself there is a drain in the bottom and another one at the top. Have not found the pump yet. I someone can tell me how it came from the factory and maybe a picture it sure would help. Thanks in advance.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Albin 31TE

Post by DougSea »

Hi Hharris,

I'm going to move your post to the TE sub-forum where you're more likely to get a response.

Welcome to AOG!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Albin 31TE Livewell

Post by Pitou »

I replied to this post's duplication in the Maintenance Forum. Here was my reply there:

All the best with your new sistership!

The 2 inch Thru Hull Fitting and Seacock that you are looking at should be for the Holding Tank Waste Overboard Discharge.

The factory setup for the Livewell Thru Hull Fitting and Seacock varied with some 31's having it port side aft of the Generator and near the Generator and Salt Water Washdown Thru Hull Fittings and Seacocks. Others having it starboard side. My 2006 is starboard side. I'll get pictures for you this week.

Attached is a drawing of my transom Overboard Drains inclusive of Livewell Box:
31 TE Transom OverBoard drains (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Thanks Kevin, I missed that one!

We seem to have a rash of duplicate posts lately and I try to hunt them down and combine them when possible. :)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
hharris580
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Pensacola

Post by hharris580 »

Thanks for the replies about the 31TE live well. when I posted I still had not closed on the boat waiting on the survey. The boat had a wet bottom around the a/c water intake so I passed on the boat. I am presently in the closing process on a 2005 35TE with a 440 Yanmar. Survey and sea trial good. Again thanks to those who responded.
Rusty Nail
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Paridise Cay, Tiburon, Ca.

Post by Rusty Nail »

Thank you for not buying the 31 TE, I've been looking for a 31 in great condition for 2 yrs. I hade jack take care of everything on the survey you had done. Thank you for the survey buy the way you saved me a few bucks. Hope I have as much fun with the 31 as you are going to have with your 35. Thank you again Kevin

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”