• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bed Sheets

rangoons
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bed Sheets

Post by rangoons »

My wife and I plan to sleep on the boat (28' TE ) sometime this summer. Any suggestions on where to get sheets that fit the double berth?
Thanks
Rangoons
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

The previous owner of mine made some herself. If you find someplace that we can order them pre-made let me know too.

Thanks,
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

There is a place in Deltaville that makes them. Yacht Canvas run by Wendy Price. They are $150.00 a set and you send her two flat sheets along with a template and the gusset depth. Before you think this high, we had someone who bought a mattress from us and had sheets made at Piccadily Alley, they were $525.00 a set. ( vee berth ) 300 thread count.

Yacht Canvas
16629 General Puller Highway
Deltaville, Va 23043
804-776-0422

I tried the "universal" fit sheets with the draw string....I couldn't even get them to fit properly on a vee berth setting on a stand in the showroom floor..
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

We use standard queen size sheets that have the elastic in the bottom sheet and it fits perfect. The only thing you have to do is tuck in the extra from where the "V" starts up to the tip. We also added a 1.5 inch memory foam pad (cut down with scissors) purchased at Wally World (Wal-Mart) and it makes sleeping very comfortable.

The bottom sheet stays tight due to the elastic because you have to stretch it length-wise as well as across the width to fit over the cushions.
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cape Codder »

I bought a "travasak" bedding system online for about $160-170.
http://rvpartsoutlet.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=166
These are shaped like a V-berth, have two weights, summer and winter, just flip over, it's heavy on one side, light on the other. Includes pillow cases, and everything is in "blue" which matches nicely. Other colors are available.
The sheets are held together by velcro strips. Comes in a nice carry case.
Over $200 at West marine.
Can't wait to use them
Take a look.
Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by Mike »

I'm with Richard on this. We use the queen sheets as well. Cost is minimal which leaves more moola for all the other stuff.
Time Out Annapolis
rangoons
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rangoons »

Thanks everyone for your help.
Rangoons

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”