• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Any Albin 28TE with a crab davit?

ksquared
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Richmond,CA

Any Albin 28TE with a crab davit?

Post by ksquared »

I am still trying to learn and figure out my 07 albin 28TE flush deck and now I am wanting to put a crab davit on her. Are there any owners out there that have put a crab puller on and could possibly provide ideas/pictures. Just purchased a safe-T-puller.

Of course the dungeness season opened today in California but with a 10-13 ft swell running I still have a couple more days before I can get out.

Thanks in advance. Kevin
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Any Albin 28TE with a crab davit?

Post by Tree »

Can you not put something removable in one of the rod holders? Are you pulling by hand or do you intend to run hydraulics?
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

My boat was set up for one by the previous owner. I did not get the winch with the sale but I tried. They glassed in a bloch for the shaft to sit on and the wiring was a mess. It was on the starboard side a little forward of the manual bilge pump that they disconnected to allow the pole to go down to the block. I obviously do not recommend removing the hose to fit the shaft. But by properly planning you should be able to fit one in. They used fitting like this for the electrical.

https://www.westmarinepro.com/buy/blue- ... cordNum=41
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
ksquared
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Richmond,CA

Post by ksquared »

thanks for the replies.

The pots are semi-commercial and are 50 lbs empty, add water resistance, a swell, and some crabs it will be heavy.

The puller is similar to a hydraulic one but it's electric and is rated to 300 lbs. the puller is at the end of the davit.

http://www.qualityproductsnw.com/produc ... -t-puller/

catalina mike, I assume it was running through the step. the post extender is a good idea, will look into it.
earpoper1
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Martinez CA

Post by earpoper1 »

file:///C:/Users/al/Pictures/2016-12-12/IMG_2140.JPG

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”