• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28TE FULL Restoration

Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: 28TE FULL Restoration

Post by Pitou »

Captnickm wrote:She loves to cruise at 2250 rpm and 17-18 KNTS. Is this normal for my configuration when fully loaded with fuel and 3.5 people?
As others have said, Great job on the salvage and Refit! Your hard work and determination has paid off. Enjoy!!!

Your cruise numbers with the Cummins seem right on the button as to where my previous 2002 28 TE with the 370 were. Here is a link to a some helm shots that I took showing my 370 at various RPM's and speed in knots with a full load of fuel, water and two adults on board.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9745&p=61851#p61851
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

She looks great Capt. Nick!

And that's quite the boating tale! Did she get a new name to go along with the new chapter in her life on the water?

I'm sure you'll enjoy her. We loved our 28.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Cpt. Nick: What a fine job of recovering a great boat with that fine Cummins engine. The entire boat just looks great.
Since these model Albin's are no longer produced it is great to see what you have accomplished.
Howard
Sea Knoll
36 Albin Express Trawler 2005
Neil
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bridgeport CT (Miamogue)

Post by Neil »

Your picture of the boat sunk at the dock is freaking me out!!!! Our boat is identical, and our boat club has the same docks and power stations .AAAAaAaAaaaaaa!
Great job sticking with the renovation! I'm sure there were some real heartaches during a project of that length. You certainly know your boat now! Hope you and your family can enjoy her for a long time.
And..... Boats never ever sink twice!

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”