• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Anyone done a muffler on 28 TE?

Neil
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bridgeport CT (Miamogue)

Anyone done a muffler on 28 TE?

Post by Neil »

Hi Folks
We found a crack in the neck of our muffler. Has anyone sourced one of these or have any tips ?
Thanks for any help.
Neil
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: Anyone done a muffler on 28 TE?

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Have fun with that. I know my mechanic did. My boat is only a year newer so I'm gonna assume we have a similar setup. With the way my exhaust was done the entire exhaust system will need to be pulled to get at that thing. Now my muffler was ok but my hose was cracked and dying. The support at the first 90 had to be cut out, it will also be easier to work on if you remove the side panel on that side as well as the rear floor section behind the engine box. Once the exhaust is pulled apart and you have the muffler out I would measure it and use that to order a replacement. If you haven't done it, now would be a good time to replace the exhaust hose itself (I used the non wire exhaust hose from defender). I know defender sells vetus mufflers and has at least one I know of for 6" exhaust hose (that's what my boat had). The one defender has is 1000111 (See below) which if I recall correctly is slightly narrower but longer than what is there now.

Vetus actually makes four different 6" in and out mufflers.
1000111 (Sold at defender) 41" long, 12.2" diameter
1000112 31.4" long 12.2" diameter
1000113 52.75" long 16.2" diameter
1000117 39.62" long 16.2" diameter
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
Neil
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bridgeport CT (Miamogue)

Re: Anyone done a muffler on 28 TE?

Post by Neil »

Thanks Jeremy,
I have it all out, it wasnt that hard so we must have a slightly different configuration. I appreciate the advice and the part numbers. I might just bring the whole thing right up to defender so i can get the right stuff, now that i know they have it.
Thanks
Neil

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”