• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Differences between Tournament and Tournament Express?

PilgrimPaul
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Edgewater Yacht Club Cleveland, Ohio

Differences between Tournament and Tournament Express?

Post by PilgrimPaul »

Hello,
Cindy and Paul in Cleveland, Ohio are hoping to join the ranks of proud Albin owners. We are looking at available 28 Tournaments and Tournament Expresses. We are asking for some help in ascertaining the difference between the two models. So far, we find only the transom entrance to the cockpit as different between the two versions. Are there other significant variations? Any help will be appreciated, Merry Christmas!
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Re: Differences between Tournament and Tournament Express?

Post by Russell »

My guess is that someone did not bother to write express after tournament as I have never heard of it. Maybe someone will correct me on this. No two Albin 28 TEs are alike but the two main models are the engine box and the flush deck where the engine has been moved under the cockpit seats. It is pretty much up to you to decide which you prefer. For fishing I prefer the wide open flush deck but miss the convenience of the engine box for laying out a picnic meal. Around the year 2000 Albin doubled the sound insulation and switched to Airex core from balsa. I had a 97 model and found the later models to be greatly improved in all kinds of ways, hardware, layout, etc. There is a long list of options including engine, tuna door, electric head, and air conditioning. So you might look at a few and pick out the features you prefer.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
PilgrimPaul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PilgrimPaul »

Thanks, Russell. I might have been worrying about something I shouldn't?!
socalmike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: san diego

Post by socalmike »

Correct. The t or te are the same boat.
PilgrimPaul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PilgrimPaul »

Thanks, socalmike, case closed!

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”