• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

boat numbers, where are yours displayed..

craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo, FL

boat numbers, where are yours displayed..

Post by craw_daddy »

I just got my FL registration -boat was originally Coast Guard registered. Now I need to consider where the best location for these new registration numbers (that look good too). I was thinking of the vertical section of deck where it atttaches to the hull. I was also thinking about somewhere up higher on the pilot house.

Where do you display your vessel registration numbers?

--Dave
2006 28te 'Grace Full'
Key Largo, FL
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Nothing to fancy here. We got stickers placed them on one of the stringers in the battery compartment and then put clear urethane over them. As per Coast Guard regs our numbers are permanently fixed to the hull.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

No state reg. numbers here. Just a CG documenation number permanently afixed in the engine compartment.

We do have to display a state reg. sticker though. It's neatly tucked just under the rub rail along the bow for minimum visibility. :wink:
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

yeah, our is CG documented too. Engine compartment, battery compartment....who the hell can tell the difference :shock:
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo, FL

removed from CG registration..

Post by craw_daddy »

I meant to communicate that we have removed our vessel from the Coast Guard registration & now only have her registered in our state (FL). Teh registartion must be plainly visisble with contrasting letters/numerals from the hull color. We used to be able to get away with interior numbers within a hatch, but when with the state registration we now must display on the hull exterior somewhere.

Like this:

I was just wondering where other state registered Albin owners may have put their numbers.

Thanks,
--Dave
2006 28te 'Grace Full'
Key Largo, FL
Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Paul »

Craw Daddy,

Be careful, some states require very specific areas on a boat where these need to be placed. The drawing you attached seems to indicate that. I don't think putting them on the pilot house would work in California. You may want to double check your state requirements.

Paul
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

Check out the Boatus link:

http://www.boatus.com/onlinecourse/states/florida.html

My registration numbers have been located according to steps 2 and 6:

"2. They must be displayed on the forward half of each side of the boat. "
"6. They must be as high above the waterline as practical."

as well as the other rules...

Think that this gives one some flexibility...

My numbers are located forward on the superstructure of the cabin and have passed USCGAUX inspection. I've never been stopped for a numbers issue...

Watch out for the installation of the decal. The background boarder goes on first and then the yellow sticker. MV, one year, forgot to include the background boarder in my case...

Have fun,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
rt11002003
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rt11002003 »

Our vessel is an Albin 27 AC. It had been CG documented, but about three or four owners ago the documentation expired. I haven't had time to get paperwork to re-document.

So I registered it in Alabama. Their mounting instructions are similar to the one shown-forward on each side. Because hull configurations are different the authorities usually specify "visible" mounting.

The A27 has a flat vertical surface on the deck where it attaches to the hull, very much like the A28. That's where our numbers are mounted. If I had mounted them on the hull one would have to look up from the water to see them.

Gene
Gene Currently Albin "less"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Here's a picture of my 28 before I documented it showing the location of the numbers.

Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
SpaceCoaster
Gold Member
Gold Member

FL Numbers

Post by SpaceCoaster »

Mine had the numbers on her already. They are installed very similarly to DougSea is showing in the photo of his slick-looking vessel. I would stick with that (no pun).

The only other thing I can add is you want to watch what kind of font you use for your letters/numbers. I have a friend who has a little runabout and he used some funky new-age looking font for his numbers. He was stopped by law enforcement on the St John's river and ticketed for not using block letters. The cop was a bit of a stickler, but beware just in case. Good luck.
Baby Bella
1994 Albin 28TE
(D254 Mercruiser/BMW)
Merritt Island, FL

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”